The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gen1 Time Warp Build Thread Profile - Gen 1 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glad you're here. My mom had one of those in nest egg blue, I went over to her house one day only to discover that she basically gave it away in the early 90s. I would've loved to have kept it since it was hers and a V8
Good luck with the build

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Parts waiting to be installed. I have some fab work that is being done right now and then powder coat for a few parts.

Parts on Bench.jpg

Shocks.jpg

Upper Control Arms.jpg

Shock Tower Mounts.jpg

AP Brakes.jpg

AP Disc.jpg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Test fit of the shock towers and brace. I have to open up the shock tower bolt hole to fit a 3/8 bolt. Everything went on smooth and the brace fits perfect. Just another testament to how good of shape the body and frame is in. no sagging towers or anything underneath out of place. I'm going to be powdercoating the brace in comp yellow that will match the lower control arms and spindle.

Shock Tower 2.jpg

Shock Tower.jpg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Got my spindles back with the brake mounts put on. Overall a good job. A pre mock up showed one of the calipers tilted slightly so that will need to be fixed. One thing that blows my mind is that they cut way too much of the spindle off to get the dust cap to fit. It's actually below the castle nut. Could have been 1/4 in above. Why take off more than you need to in any situation. Haven't asked why yet, just need to learn to do it myself.

Anyway, once its all square they go to powdercoat along with other parts and we start installing. See above for pics of the brake set up. Ready to pound on them. Next up is new brake pedals, cylinders and lines. Fun...

Spindles with mounts.jpg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Got a lot of pics coming. I'm not going full restoration at this time but I am cleaning and painting as much as I can. Almost have paint done to get the front suspension on. In the mean time. Here are my brake fittings (waiting on a few). I'm doing full stainless steel for everything. Nuts, blocks, lines, etc...

The close up of the Titan fittings is for my Autometer Pro Comp Brake Pressure Gauge. Titan has some amazing stuff at great prices. No I don't work for them, just really liked their stuff. The others are a Japanese 4 way from GK Brakes for the fronts and pressure gauge and the 3 way is made by AeroFlow from Australia and that will got the rear and a pressure switch for brake lights. Wish Americans used more stainless.

Brake Fittings.jpg

Brake Pressure Fitting.jpg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Finally the weather was warm enough I could paint. I don't have a garage so my car is in our carport and I live in Utah. Got the front frame rails painted inside and out, wheel well with undercoat and some areas in the engine compartment.

Parts are going on!!! Waiting on my new pedals (got the Wilwood Tru Bar dual pedal) (really wanted the Tilton 900 series but $1500 is just a little much) and need to cut mounting space out of the firewall so I can't put the shock tower brace and the rest of the suspension on until that happens.

20220218_125934.jpg

20220218_130339.jpg

20220219_145213.jpg

20220219_143957.jpg

20220221_161859.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Keep this up as it is alot of fun for those of us that are warped by Time, and I bet even the youngsters on this site are enjoying this build. There is something special about watching the rebirth of a car many of us lusted after or grew up with those many years ago , and even cooler it is not becoming a pristine preservation but instead is going to look like an old SCCA racer of the 60s. With you and Patrick Stapler , we may be getting a strong group of Vintage Racers on the TMO Forum.

TMO Supporting Vendors