The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tips For Selling Your Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A member asked so I thought I'd share my recent experience selling my Boss 302. Here's what I'd do to sell your car in a private transaction:

1. List it on BMO with your contact information available for non members to see.
2. List it on ebay Motors and reference BOSSMustangsOnline and mention that more information is available on BMO in the Boss 302's, GT350's And Other Mustangs For Sale Forum. Include this at the top of your ad. You will not be able to post a direct link but this will allow ebay viewers to track you down.
3. List it on your local craigslist. You might as well because it's free.
4. Go to local Cars and Coffee events or track days and have flyers available with info on your car.

I also listed mine for sale on Cars.com. I was averaging about 200 views a day on ebay and about 4 a day on Cars.com. Not sure if Autotrader is any better than Cars.com but I would not bother listing there again. BTW I'd be happy to pay the $125 or whatever the amount is to transact through ebay Motors.

Please post up any other tips you may have that might help others selling their Mustang.

TMO Supporting Vendors