The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tips for Track Attack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have any tips for getting the most out of the Track Attack program? My wife and I are headed there next week and doing the 2nd day in the 302S. Anybody know what track configuration they use? Any videos? Any other tips? We're very experienced track rats but a little prep goes a long way.

We used the East track for TA and the West track for the race cars. Same thing five years ago for BTA. If you have a fire suit, helmet, Hans and gloves bring them as you'll need them in the race car.

go to YouTube and search boss 302 track attack at Miller Motorsports park and a lot of videos will come up. It might help you get familiar with the track.

Bay Area
you mention you have lots of track time. Realize that some of the guests have never been on a track before, so be patient with that. The instructors are trying to cover all bases to give the newbies confidence. Other than that just have fun and don't be that guy that goes off track. :)

Yeah, just like going to a track day at a new track. Study the track and try to learn all the tricky corners so you can get more out of the instruction wrt actually driving than learning the track.

StigsBaldBrother said:
Do they allow GoPros? That would be awesome.

Yes they do, as long as it's mounted outside the car. They were very adiment about this rule. I feel like they had one not mounted properly inside the car and it flew off and caused and issue.

I thought I saw this posted somewhere, but couldn't find it. I am trying to minimize the time away from home. The day before, there is only a dinner at around 6pm, correct? I would fly in with plenty of time to make it to that. But then I was wondering how long the first day is, and if it is reasonable to fly back the same day assuming I could find a flight giving me plenty of time to not have to rush. Thanks for any input.

stang302 said:
I thought I saw this posted somewhere, but couldn't find it. I am trying to minimize the time away from home. The day before, there is only a dinner at around 6pm, correct? I would fly in with plenty of time to make it to that. But then I was wondering how long the first day is, and if it is reasonable to fly back the same day assuming I could find a flight giving me plenty of time to not have to rush. Thanks for any input.

Correct, just dinner at 6pm the night before. You should be finished with the driving by 5pm. It's about a 40 minute drive to the airport.

TMO Supporting Vendors