The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire Industry News - Hoosiers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
This just hit my mailbox . . .

"Hoosier Racing Tire Corp.will raise prices on select street and tire products up to 15%, effective Sept. 1.

Prices and increases may vary across specific products within different racing segments, the racing tire manufacturer said.
The company said it will provide more details to distributors and dealers and answer additional questions beginning Aug. 20."

Source: https://www.tirereview.com/hoosier-...t+an+All-Time+High&oly_enc_id=8464G7082134F2S

In this article: Hoosier Racing Tire Corp., price increase

Norm

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Geez, this is the " Gold Standard " for race rubber but with the increases over the past few years folks will be looking for other alternatives, especially when other brands have not seen this type of increase. I have run Hoosiers on and off for over 20 years and regardless of economic conditions I have never seen the increases over the last 2-3 years. It was not too long ago I was buying a set for a little over 1400 and now with an increase we will be approaching 1900-2000. Seems the issue corresponds with the buyout of Hoosier by Continental and one has to wonder if they paid too much and now consumers are taking the brunt of the purchase. Sad to see they are becoming so much more expensive than other brands and this is not the news many were hoping to hear. Thanks for the update, it may save some folks some bucks to grab a set now with such a drastic bump in cost.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel