Tire Installers for GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by VoodooBoss, Apr 14, 2016.

1. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Post up contact information for any tire installers that have installed tires on the GT350R carbon fiber wheels successfully. Over time this will provide a list of trusted installers for R owners. @Black Boss what is the preferred tire installation equipment R owners should look for?

Business name:
    Phone number:
    Contact name:
  2. Black Boss

Black Boss TMO Addict

I used Discount Tire -- They have a Hunter machine for mounting which I believe is the same machine that Ford used in development. 1 set of tires mounted with zero issues. Will likely get a second set changed next week...

3. Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN TMO Beginner

They Recommend the Hunter Revolution Touchless mounter and for balancing they are not as specific but a proper Road Force balancer would be recommended.

So to be specific

Hunter Revolution mounter
    Hunter Road Force Elite Balancer

To be specific its my shop actually

PK Auto Design
    Phone# 818-408-6989
    Address: 12473 Gladstone Ave.
    Unit F
    Sylmar, CA 91342

4. straightliner1

straightliner1 TMO Advanced

Any recommendations on Northern California? Sac or Bay Area locations welcome.

Anyone use Roger Kraus in Castro Valley? They deal with a lot of race-oriented stuff and sell to a lot of Shelby Cobra and GT40 owners.

http://rogerkrausracing.com/pages/services.html

5. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

6. fuhrius

fuhrius TMO Addict

BR Racing in Los Gatos.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  7. 302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car

I don't have these wheels but, I can certainly understand the concern. The key to success here is the equipment used by the shop doing your work. Avoid at all cost shops machines that requires the operator to use levers/bars in the tire dismount process.

Find a shop that uses Lever-less or fully automated tire service equipment. Hunter offers a few leverless machines like the "Revolution TM Tire Changer", and the "Auto 34S Tire Changer". These types of machines provide wheel protection during the dismount/mount process. Not all shops will invest $6-10k in a tire machine, so ask your shop about their equipment. Of course, an experienced Tire Technician is always a plus!

I've been lucky in that I have a great relationship with my Ford Dealer Service Department and have used leverless tire changer equipment for my Boss tire needs, and I can tell first hand that there is a world of difference in these machines.

Good luck and find a tire shop with the right equipment,
    302 Hi Pro

VoodooBoss likes this.
  8. George

George TMO Intermediate

Well here is my issue. I bought the GT350R and notice a blemish on one of the front wheels; My dealer got hold of their rep and with a phone call and pictures to the manufacturer of the wheel they said it was defective! New wheel came in at $3900 for warranty price. I have the old wheel and tire with less than 50 miles on it but the dealer wants someone else to swap the tire to the replacement wheel. This is the issue. I plan never to put these wheels back on my car due to the ride. they are horrible on the road so I bought wheels from LMR and they look great. the mounting is perfect and the deal of $1.570 shipped mounted with tires and TPMS sensors that work is a good deal. I will never take my car to the track. soon I will have some one mount the tire then they will just sit there until I sell. The tires I have on the LMR wheels are Coopers. Thanks for the information about the equipment to change the tire. The Discount Tire here has those so I will check with them...Thanks again.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  9. Fat Boss

Fat Boss TMO Addict

Custom Alignment in Mtn View is top notch.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  10. George

George TMO Intermediate

OK here is where my dealer found to do the task, Ferrari of Atlanta. I don't dare ask the price.