The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Took my car in this morning to have summer tires removed and my all season tires installed. The dealer called me this afternoon stating that they could not get 2 of my all seasons installed. They were telling me that they could not get the tires on the wheels. Tires were installed this time last year with no issue. I had them stored in my garage all summer and fall.

Any of you heard of a dealer not being able to install tires or provide some insight as to what my dealer may be doing wrong?

Maybe they put the staggered tires on the wrong wheels and they had trouble stretching the skinnies to the wide wheels. A Firestone tire shop did that to me once ::)

CaliMR said:
Maybe they put the staggered tires on the wrong wheels and they had trouble stretching the skinnies to the wide wheels. A Firestone tire shop did that to me once ::)

OMG ^^

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
CaliMR said:
ugh

It was on my old X5, they didn't look at the sizes and just put them on. So I ended up with two wide tires passenger side and two skinny ones on the drivers side, with the rims not matching the tires. I was not happy, especially since they aligned it like that and still didn't notice.

TMO Supporting Vendors