The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire Pressure Sensor Question (TPMS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the tire pressure sensor on my 2012 Boss 302 the same as any late model Mustang? Is their anything special about these sensors related to the Boss? I have a second set of stock rims to put onto the car so I am wondering if Ford part number TPMS-12-9L3Z-1A189-A is correct.

Tim

Mustang_Mechanic

Ford Master Technician
They are the same as a standard mustang. Just make sure to get a valve stem mounted sensor and not a banded sensor. They operate on a different frequency. Don't know which year they switch but I think it is around the body style change.

They are the same and used on many Ford models not just Mustang. They shouldn't need programming either. If the dash light does come on ignore it and it should go off within 100 miles. Check the parts for sale forum and there is a thread with sensors for sale on eBay and it includes a bunch of info.

Thanks for the replies! A new Ford sensor is $63 each. Not sure why I need this little electronic gadget but I guess it's to stimulate the economy of the UK?

Tim

TMO Supporting Vendors