The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire/rim storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I had one close encounter with a 40" tractor rim. That was the end of that. My dad's 77 F250 had split rims on it. When he needed tires I got a set of take off rims for him. I still have one set left. My 67 F250 has them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Florida
Tire and wheel storage? Hmmmm....
Luckily my garage is fully insulated but not heated. It never get's below freezing out there. As you can see, I'm a big fan of Tire Totes!

View attachment 63409View attachment 63410View attachment 63411View attachment 63412
I see that some of your tires are on their side and others are in a rack supported by the tred. Are they all on wheels or some unmounted. My question is about unmounted tires. As I am in South Florida garage temps thru the year is not an issue. I have one pilot super sport that i stored unmounted in the vertical position in the corner of my garage that now has a flat spot in it. I have 2 new pilot super sport tires that i will be taking off the car soon and storing unmounted as I have 2 used ones that have patches in them that I will put on for street driving. I know I need a second set of wheels with rims attached(LOL) but not in the budget right now. Just trying to avoid any issues until I go to the track again in mid summer.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I have four sets of wheels and five sets of tires, so four of those piles are mounted. I do deflate the mounted wheels to around 25 PSI for storage and move them around from tyme-to-tyme. Not sure if stored horizontally or vertically makes much of a difference, perhaps someone else can chime in about that. My storage is mostly about available real-estate in my garage.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel