The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire size -street to racing slick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dave,

Go to usedracingtires.com and you will find a very beneficial subgrouping for specifications on tire sizes. Most used racing tire distributors don't list this info and it is highly valuable for info on rim size and more. Check under Pirelli and Michelin primarily, and it appears you would want something from a 235/645/18 up to a 285/645/18. There is also a listing for a 265/660/18 and no diameter is listed , but it might be a better height.

To be frank, your best option, long term, is to get a set of square rims so you could rotate the tires all around for longer life. I am pretty biased towards 18x11s, even though that means getting 25mm spacers for the front. Also you need to get extra long ARP studs for the hubs, but this is really something I suggest everyone should consider not just for fitment , but for safety. Good luck and I hope this is helpful?

Last edited:
Dave,

Go to usedracingtires.com and you will find a very beneficial subgrouping for specifications on tire sizes. Most used racing tire distributors don't list this info and it is highly valuable for info on rim size and more. Check under Pirelli and Michelin primarily, and it appears you would want something from a 235/645/18 up to a 285/645/18. There is also a listing for a 265/660/18 and no diameter is listed , but it might be a better height.

To be frank, your best option, long term, is to get a set of square rims so you could rotate the tires all around for longer life. I am pretty biased towards 18x11s, even though that means getting 25mm spacers for the front. Also you need to get extra long ARP studs for the hubs, but this is really something I suggest everyone should consider not just for fitment , but for safety. Good luck and I hope this is helpful?

Yes thanks, From what I could see they have the sizes I would want but for now only single tires. I will check back with them

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Things loosen up after Daytona, but later this year when they have run some of the flat tracks , the choices are better and not designed for the banking.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
It's going to be a little difficult to find slicks for that narrow of a wheel up front, that are also the right height. Out of curiosity, since this will be a track only setup, why not run 18x10 all around or 18x11? It'll provide much better handling and performance, while also making tire selection easier.

It's going to be a little difficult to find slicks for that narrow of a wheel up front, that are also the right height. Out of curiosity, since this will be a track only setup, why not run 18x10 all around or 18x11? It'll provide much better handling and performance, while also making tire selection easier.
Haven't found 2 more matching 18x10 wheels. Been running these wheel sizes with 200 rated tires so just wanted something a little sticker

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel