The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire wear on low/medium speed tracks + Camber Q

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who here has tracked a bone stock Boss at low/medium speed tracks?
I'm curious to know how the tire wear has been--especially the outside edges of the fronts.
In my experience, it's these low/medium speed tracks that are the worst on tire and brake wear.

I know that the wear can be handled with some additional camber--and that's fine. I've done this all the time in the past (and to also alter handling balance). But for those who have done this: How much of the car's initial balance was altered? For now, as I'm totally new to the car and have even yet to hit a track day with it yet (in 2 weeks I will!), I want to preserve the stock balance while I figure things out...and then adjust out from there.

But knowing that camber bolts are so cheap, and can pro-long tire life...it's super worth it! Just want to know if a setting like -2 camber still retains the stock handling characteristics of the car.

Thanks in advanced!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel