The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Titanium shims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I see there are three sizes available. .5mm, 1mm and 1.5mm. What size is best? I suppose if it's too thick it could pose a problem with new pads. Curious what's best?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Confirmed on the 0.5mm shims.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
I cannot find the 0.5mm titanuin shims for the 4-pot S197 Brembo's (FMSI D1001 profile) anywhere. KNS, OPMustang, Girodisc only have the 1.0mm versions.

Hardbrakes.com seems to be out of business.

My Google searches don't reveal any other sources. Does anyone know where these may be found?

This is probably a dumb question but will the shims work for rear s197 calipers? For the odd times advancetrac decides it wants to turn itself back on ive managed to cook the seals on my left rear and would like to prevent that going forward.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Fstv713

Did you cook the caliper seals of the wheel seals?

I have gone through two sets of wheel/axel seals from heat. Calipers seals have been good.

I run the 302s ABS module and accutrac is not an issue. Front fluids have browned in the past. Rear fluids are always clear when i bleed the brakes. All stock on the rear.
If I was having trouble with brake application from the “Nanny’s”. I would consider changing the module.

Fstv713

Did you cook the caliper seals of the wheel seals?

I have gone through two sets of wheel/axel seals from heat. Calipers seals have been good.

I run the 302s ABS module and accutrac is not an issue. Front fluids have browned in the past. Rear fluids are always clear when i bleed the brakes. All stock on the rear.
If I was having trouble with brake application from the “Nanny’s”. I would consider changing the module.

I cooked the caliper seal. 302s module is something im looking into

If you haven't already done so, consider upgrading to the GT500 13.8 inch rotor. The bigger rotor can shed more heat.

Also, removing the rear dust shields may help with cooling.

This is the eventual plan when i need to pull axles next. Most likely winter 2019 as i want to upgrade to a gear diff and need to re-gear the car.

US
302s module really cooled my brakes down! Like 200 degrees lower! Depends on if you run slicks and how hard you drive but in my case it was a huge improvement. The nannys didnt apparently like my driving style!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel