The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Drivers take First and Second at the Nebraska Region's 3rd Autocross Event!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
CAMC is a constantly growing Class in SCCA Solo Events , with huge popularity Nationwide and the Nebraska Region often has plenty of drivers from other States at their local events since they are all run on the same site at the Solo Nationals. What is cool is we have two members on here that are rocking CAM C in this area, both driving essentially stock GT 350s. In fact, I found out the two drivers will be co-driving the Silver GT 350 of Brian Meyer at the Spring Nationals late this month in F Street. Since they have been doing quite well in CAM C things could get really interesting when they drop back to their legal Class and it would be cool to see another 1-2 finish like this weekend.

Results for the 3rd Autocross Event in CAMC were;
1. Brian Meyer GT 350
2. John Larandeau GT 350R

Camaros came later in the standings , haha.

Check out SCCA.com if you might want to attend the Solo Nationals this month, there should still be some openings for those wanting to run this great prelude event to the Nationals in September.

Drivers from Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska attended this event.

Last edited:
Thanks again Bill. I'm really looking forward to Spring Nats although I'm only hoping to get into the trophy spots there. Here's the in-car from yesterday. I'm slowing down in some places where I shouldn't (after the first slalom, during the big RH sweeper, etc) and too much in places where I should (LH tight turns that open up - braking too much).

You know Bill, there could be one more Mustang in CAMC if only someone could be convinced to bring his sharp new Mach1 out to run... ;-)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I am not sure I want to tackle you and John at the cone cavacalde since I am trying to focus on Time Trials, especially since I committed to being the tire warmer for my son in his EVO 9 in the Pro Division. I think your idea might have some merit though, as I am a firm believer that autocross runs translate well for running at road courses. We will see how I do at the NASA event this month with the Mach 1, though she is not quite up to the specs necessary to be competitive.

Getting the new aggressive EBC pads on and have Vorshlag brake deflectors coming. After all the testing down in Tejas by Terry and crew, I am anxious to try out those massive metal movers of air. Like many who have tracked for years, I am just tired of constantly replacing brake duct hoses so I am hoping Vorshlag's extensive testing bears fruit.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
Great job, guys! Brian has been really stout with his GT350. John beat me by a considerable margin last time out, too. Those two ought to be pretty competitive at the Spring Nats. With Topeka getting shut down and us moving a few miles further north, I'll definitely try to get into the mix a little more in Lincoln. In another month we will be officially closer to Lincoln than to Yoder.

Since I'm an SCCA (and everything else) member, I may look into this, would superbeater fit in here someplace?
My favorite race group FAST autocross has timed out and no one has purchased the organization to run it, so I'm an auto X orphan.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If you have a partial interior you are probably fine and would fit into CAMC and if not you could always slap on a pair of used slicks you can get and run in C Prepared. There is always a place for you in SCCA Autocrossing, you just sometimes have to get creative for the Class to fit. Also it is pretty common for Regional SCCA Clubs to have a couple of their own Classes so check it out Blacksheep and let us know ---- have to imagine there are event all over your State. I know my son and I drive down to Moultrie, Ga. in December to run a National Tour Event at the old World War II airfield ( now the Municipal ) and plenty of Floridians show up there.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hmmmm..........I thought on my last run that the rear end felt a bit odd, and the low tire light had come on a bit before I went out. I, of course , ignored that since I don't have any tire sensors on the wheels. One to the track Owners, who is a good friend and let me park the car in his garage since I will be back to race there with NASA on the 27-28th sent me this lovely picture. Guess one Pilot Sport Cup 2 bit the dust unfortunately. I had driven the car on the streets and around town, so who knows where I picked this up, but glad I found out prior to the race last this month.

tempImage7Pltfb.png

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Remember your issue well, but I got lucky and it did not go down till after the event and in fact not till the next day in the garage. I never noticed it, just funny my low pressure light never seems to come on until after 2-3 sessions ---- should happen immediately since I don't have sensors.

TMO Supporting Vendors