The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Is Now a Tire Rack Affiliate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@Black Boss thank you for your support. I’m going to need a new set of SC2’s soon. Those tires work well but don’t last long.

@Black Boss thank you for your support. I’m going to need a new set of SC2’s soon. Those tires work well but don’t last long.
@VoodooBoss You may want to try getting them Heat Cycled -- makes Tire Life less dependent on their first heavy heat cycle. I've found the sets that weren't Cycled lasted less time, although that's with a predominately Track based use history.

Tires showed up yesterday, and one had been damaged in shipping with a crushed sidewall, causing a fold in the tread face. Too risky to force straight for a track tire as it would no doubt weaken the cords. Tire Rack were great -- sent them a photo, and a replacement is on its way....

IMG_4745.JPG

Just curious if anyone is running the Bridgestone RE71R on their GT350's? I'm hearing lots of good things about them and that they are just as fast or faster than SC2's, are more consistent and last longer. Below are some other options as well including Hoosier R7's and I hear the Pirelli Trefeo R is just as fast as R7's and last just as long.

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 3.24.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 3.23.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 3.22.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 3.21.46 PM.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I feel ya....tires are $1000.00/day for me.

tires.JPG
cost.JPG

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Agree , cool that they work with the TMO site. Put in another plug for Luke Pavlik ( ext. 4362 ) as have known him for 19 years and he always gives my friends and customers great advice. He stays way up on the Performance Stuff and the constant changes --helps that he is a severe track rat and autocrosser.

He might tell one guy to buy a BFG ( for instance ) over a Bridgestone , because he is seeing better track wear with the BFG , but a bit less sticktion on the Autocross course than the Bridgestone. Beneficial info to someone who tracks more than autocrosses , or vice versa with the competitive tire if a driver is more into autocrossing.

We ( as competitors) often put similar tires into the same camp, but nice to know someone who can really personalize more to each individual's needs based on working with tires daily and loving his job.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
And don’t forget the aluminum jack with jack stands for only 228.00.. the shipping savings is worth it.
That sounds like great deal!

For anyone wondering, this applies to basically EVERYTHING on the Tire Rack site:

upload_2018-10-17_10-33-7.png

TMO Supporting Vendors