The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Members Battle at Motorsports Park Hastings!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
When you take two good friends who are fairly competitive on any given day, it makes for fun drama when they are battling at a road course just tenths apart during each Time Trial Session. Mr. Garmin Catalyst, Jay Dee Krull , who is well known in the NASA Central Region for his string of Championships in TT2 , decided to drop down to TT3 this year and as usual he is dominating the Class at most tracks. His GT350R is well sorted and so far I had not caught him this year, but things were running very close at Hastings once I slapped on a set of used Hoosier R7s on my 2021 Mach 1 ( with the Handling Package ). Tenths apart on our runs we actually were not even sure who was ahead, especially since we ran in split Time Trial Groups since we had such strong attendance. Jay Dee is also the Time Trial Group Leader so he has those duties and I was jumping in and out of my car Instructing , so we both kept busy enough we were not really sure how we were doing. When the dust settled we both took trophies, though behind a BMW M3 with a talented driver who also was part of a Full Racing Semi Rig loaded with Bimmers, mechanics and a store full of spares. We may have taken the Silver and Bronze medals, but it was nice to have two TMO members on the podium. Oh, yes, I did say it was close, so the listing below will show you just how close it actually was .................

Bill Pemberton 1:35.147
Jay Dee Krull 1:35.189

Kudos go to Austin Hample in his super cool Bondurant School Car Cobra, taking first in 2 of the Camaro/Mustang/Challenge Class , along with one second and a third. Another super solid showing by the Colorado TMO member! His Mustang was by far the cleanest and best looking of all the vehicles in his Class!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel