The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Members kick butt at Nebraska Region SSCA Solo Event #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
For Solo enthusiasts there is no better site to run than the section of airstrip at Lincoln, Nebraska Municipal Airport. The site of the Solo Nationals for over a decade the Nebraska Region gets to run the site year round and it often attracts National Caliber drivers even when not hosting the Spring Nationals, the Midwest Divisionals, or the actual Solo National Event. CAMC ( and the other CAM Classes ) has exploded and it is often a vicious battle of Mustangs and Camaros. Many hold the opinion the GM side holds the edge since the ZL1 1LE is in the class , but there have been numerous Blue Oval Snakes who have suggested that this is not necessarily the case. Brian Meyer and Auteaux ( TMO members ) were there to prove the GT 350 was there to " strike " terror into the Bowtie Boys, and I was fortunate to announce the morning session. It was exciting for everyone involved because the places were changing with each run, and since the Region decided to allow 5 runs for the two Event Sessions of the day, even when one driver jumped ahead there was another chance to vault ahead. Meyer in his Silver GT 350 was laying down killer sub 50 second runs without hitting pylons. Lt. Col. James Hodges , who has run the One Lap of America 5 times, was running similar times in his Gray ZL1 1LE , but the GM heavyweight was nailing cones. Last years Regional Award Winner in CAMC , Chris Olson was just a second off the guys, but he was nailing pylons like he was swatting flies in his Red ZL1 !LE. Penalties seemed to be keeping him out of the competition and Auteaux ( John Larandeau ) was there in his GT 350R running steady and clean. The battle between the 4 kept me juggling the placings with every run and it kept the folks in attendance excited because no one was sure who might vault into the lead if they could run clean. Brian uncorked a 48 second run , the first car in any Class to do this, and it seemed to intimidate the Blown Blowtie Camaros as they struggled to catch up. Auteaux was just sitting in the background looking for a late run and he added to the excitement with his last run just 1/1000th off the time off the Regional Champ Olson in third. Meyer stayed ahead of Lt.Col. Hodges and also nailed the Fastest Time of the Day for Session One. That left CAMC with members placing 1st and 4th in one of the largest Classes of the Day ( 11 entrants). Things could get interesting the rest of the year as John L. ( Auteaux ) has very little seat time in his GT 350R , acquiring it late last year, so he looks to be a force in the CAMC running this year also.

I gotta get the father and son entrants from Northern Iowa ( the Seatons ) to join TMO as they dominated CAMT with their 88 Fox body , dang near running the same times as CAM C!!

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, it was fun having you announce our heat. I tried to listen to some of it but between runs I was busy trying to keep even just a little bit of warmth in the tires using the blankets and a fence to block the cold north wind. I don't know if it helped much or not but may as well try.

Heat 2 had the benefit of much warmer weather and lots of really fast guys. I ended up in 12th place on the overall PAX index but I still feel good about the mornings runs. It's always fun to run with James and the others and he beats me as often as not.

Here's video from my fastest run. I have to agree with Bill, Lincoln is one of the best sites in the country and well worth the 3+ hour drive for me.

Can't wait for the next one!
-Brian M

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
Great job, guys! I would have been there, but we had twin solos in Topeka. I had the humbling experience of getting beat by someone on true street tires (PS4S). I didn't feel quite as bad when I found out he was 16 out of 74 cars in pax and I got 21. That's my best placing to date, so while I'm still off the pace I'm starting to improve some. Brian and John are always stout competition, so it's not a surprise to hear where they placed.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gearz should be renamed " Never Boastful Brian " as even when he kills it he is a humble guy , and of course that is part of why everyone likes the Crazy Bonehead. He was really rocking it and sure in the afternoon when there was rubber laid down and some cars that should have legitimately beat him finally did, you can't take away that he dominated the first session, put the heat on his competitors and helped make CAMC one of the most exciting groups to watch during the entire event. It was fun announcing your Class Brian, but thanks for making my job easier by nailing your runs and being the first driver of the day to dip into the magic numbers in the 40s! Congrats and I look forward to seeing you again in a couple of weeks and I know Auteaux will be teaming up with you to keep the Bowtie Brigade coned and confused.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
For Solo enthusiasts there is no better site to run than the section of airstrip at Lincoln, Nebraska Municipal Airport. The site of the Solo Nationals for over a decade the Nebraska Region gets to run the site year round and it often attracts National Caliber drivers even when not hosting the Spring Nationals, the Midwest Divisionals, or the actual Solo National Event. CAMC ( and the other CAM Classes ) has exploded and it is often a vicious battle of Mustangs and Camaros. Many hold the opinion the GM side holds the edge since the ZL1 1LE is in the class , but there have been numerous Blue Oval Snakes who have suggested that this is not necessarily the case. Brian Meyer and Auteaux ( TMO members ) were there to prove the GT 350 was there to " strike " terror into the Bowtie Boys, and I was fortunate to announce the morning session. It was exciting for everyone involved because the places were changing with each run, and since the Region decided to allow 5 runs for the two Event Sessions of the day, even when one driver jumped ahead there was another chance to vault ahead. Meyer in his Silver GT 350 was laying down killer sub 50 second runs without hitting pylons. Lt. Col. James Hodges , who has run the One Lap of America 5 times, was running similar times in his Gray ZL1 1LE , but the GM heavyweight was nailing cones. Last years Regional Award Winner in CAMC , Chris Olson was just a second off the guys, but he was nailing pylons like he was swatting flies in his Red ZL1 !LE. Penalties seemed to be keeping him out of the competition and Auteaux ( John Larandeau ) was there in his GT 350R running steady and clean. The battle between the 4 kept me juggling the placings with every run and it kept the folks in attendance excited because no one was sure who might vault into the lead if they could run clean. Brian uncorked a 48 second run , the first car in any Class to do this, and it seemed to intimidate the Blown Blowtie Camaros as they struggled to catch up. Auteaux was just sitting in the background looking for a late run and he added to the excitement with his last run just 1/1000th off the time off the Regional Champ Olson in third. Meyer stayed ahead of Lt.Col. Hodges and also nailed the Fastest Time of the Day for Session One. That left CAMC with members placing 1st and 4th in one of the largest Classes of the Day ( 11 entrants). Things could get interesting the rest of the year as John L. ( Auteaux ) has very little seat time in his GT 350R , acquiring it late last year, so he looks to be a force in the CAMC running this year also.

I gotta get the father and son entrants from Northern Iowa ( the Seatons ) to join TMO as they dominated CAMT with their 88 Fox body , dang near running the same times as CAM C!!
Good first weekend in the Seaton Stang. The best explanation for how it felt driving it is riding a pissed off Bull haha. We were so close to Meyer in that Gt350.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
North Iowa
Thanks Bill, it was fun having you announce our heat. I tried to listen to some of it but between runs I was busy trying to keep even just a little bit of warmth in the tires using the blankets and a fence to block the cold north wind. I don't know if it helped much or not but may as well try.

Heat 2 had the benefit of much warmer weather and lots of really fast guys. I ended up in 12th place on the overall PAX index but I still feel good about the mornings runs. It's always fun to run with James and the others and he beats me as often as not.

Here's video from my fastest run. I have to agree with Bill, Lincoln is one of the best sites in the country and well worth the 3+ hour drive for me.

Can't wait for the next one!
-Brian M
Insert that one scene from fast and furious when he says “I almost had you”. Good running this weekend it’s fun seeing how close our times are in such different Mustangs!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Emery some purty good times there young feller, and when I wuz nouncing looked ta me like you had that " Bull " by the hornzz!! You did have the advantage of those used wheels off my son's EVO 9 , and we know they were used to going fast, so I am sure they enjoyed the ride. You and your Dad were showing exactly what those of us who have autocrossed for years tell new cone racers, " There are Classes for all years and makes of cars, jest git yur butt out here and learn what your car can do!" We are getting more and more folks with SN95s and Fox bodies on the site and that is fantastic for all involved , because so many of us can relate --- especially the ancient Coneheads who even started with Sixties Stands. Keep posting and contributing , we need more TMO members out there dominating on the track or autocross courses!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors