The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO Members racing at Autobahn Country Club on Oct. 5-6 !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Since I am not sure what everyone's actual name is I can only list those I have met in the past , but we have at least 4 TMO Members running at the Joliet , Illinois Racetrack in just a bit over a week. Nick Smither, fresh from a killer 4th Place Finish at the NASA Nationals will be running his GT350R Grey Ghost and I will consider myself successful if I can even get within 2 seconds of his times. Tracy Munday is signed up to do HPDEs and probably help the old man ( me ) with any minor adjustments I might need , just because he is a great guy. JD Krull will run his GT 350R in TT2 , and that puts TMO with two guys in Boss 302s and two in GT 350Rs -- nice parity, ha. Russ Lane, running A1 may have signed up since I saw him last ( he just finished running at the NASA Nationals also ), but if not JD and I will put the hammer on him -- he is another Central Region NASA member like the two of us are.

With Nick and I running ST2 , it will give me a great basis to see about where my BossS is in it's state of build compared to one of the most beautiful cars in the Class - sure I am biased towards his stunning GT350R! Still running the original Sachs shocks and a non cambered rear end, and these seem to be two of the major areas I should address. The Dealership has had a long standing relationship with MCS for Viper suspensions with unreal success , and Vorshlag loves them on the Mustang too, but my good buddy BS1 keeps telling me I need to go Penske. Torn in two directions on that decision, but obviously if I get a cambered rear end the choice there is simple --Cortex!

So, since there may be other TMO members coming for the HPDE, Time Trials , or Race, but I don't know your actual name, chime in so we can all get together in Joliet!

PS - wear your TMO T Shirts !!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow , TMS is bringing both his Boss and his GT 350R ---- jump in there with safe advice on the GT 350 Black Boss, I will give him age advice on the Boss 302!

Nick , the only thing tight about the race with you and I will be my driving suit -- I have been eating too much and I can barely get it zipped up! But, I will be a royal pain asking you for a few tips on the track as I have never run there and I know you have run there before. We just have to link all our heads together to whip up those Camaros and Corvettes!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
.....and thanks to VoodooBoss for changing the dates I listed in my headline. I originally posted the 3 and 4th and realized my error ,ha. Da Boss changed it to read the correct days.

Heh, if you are in the Great Lakes NASA Region and will also be running the weekend of the 5-6th of October list your name so we can include you with the rest of the TMO faithful!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bill What Nick said, you do tend to undersell your abilities.
No, only one car this time. The GT350R will be for "Northern" tracks and the Boss will stay south for now.

BTW. I am in my office writing a concept to test our (Mosquito Eradicators) product in Africa. One of my "Geniuses" left a door open today and a finch flew in. Now the bird is in my office bouncing off the walls, literally. He has landed on my hat over a dozen times. Anyone have a fool proof concept for catching a small bird in a large warehouse?? No shotguns....at least not yet.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just realistic , Nick is a hotshoe, and I have never run at Autobahn. We both need to pick his brain, as he has run some solid laps there and he could speed up the progress each of us could make?

Everybody slow down!!!!There's room for all of us on this planet, except me..........Stay outta my way, said the race boy wear'in stock out of the factory....oops, I got nutin on 122!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................

Just realistic , Nick is a hotshoe, and I have never run at Autobahn. We both need to pick his brain, as he has run some solid laps there and he could speed up the progress each of us could make?
Long time since I’ve run south course, and never in this car, although 80% of the lap is common with my preference — the full course.

Going to be trying out dramatically different spring rates, ride height and Aero mods. What could go wrong

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Nick is a hotshoe, and I have never run at Autobahn. We both need to pick his brain, as he has run some solid laps there and he could speed up the progress each of us could make?

Agreed.

My bride is dropping off Wheels and tires to be mounted. Apex 19x11" with DH 315 takeoffs. Now I have to figure out how to get them to the track.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The only dramatic thing I hope to have is getting my racing suit to zip up since I have gained a few pounds of late. Have never adjusted the ancient Sachs shocks, changed springs, or changed ride height. Now , Aero wise, I did put in a couple of washers on the supports because they were missing and the dang wing wobbled from side to side. Admire guys like you, as 90% of the changes to my car have involved a talented mechanic, because even though I understand many of the concepts , having great Techs available at our Stores over the years meant I have done very little work on my cars. Afraid Tyme and TMS will be chiming in now just to comment on my lack of hands on skills ...or the fact that I often forget parts. I am letting Tyme mentor me on having a better equipped trailer, haha.

Guess I should ask Tracy if he has some time on the South track and maybe he can tutor both of us?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bill,

I ain't no grease monkey either. But I take on many of these challenges only because these days there are resources out there, like this site, that help me out. Never too old to learn, baby.

Good luck at the Autobahn next week. Wish I were there to see Tracy's first run with the GT350R. Enjoy and be safe gentlemen.

TMO Supporting Vendors