The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO With HOD at Sonoma Friday August 25, 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
At Sonoma we got flagged for being over 103db.

If you run stock mufflers you will be just fine. Or attach 90* elbow pipes to your existing mufflers with torca clamps to direct the sound up and away from the meters.

At Sonoma we got flagged for being over 103db.

If you run stock mufflers you will be just fine. Or attach 90* elbow pipes to your existing mufflers with torca clamps to direct the sound up and away from the meters.
So, I have 5 inch tips coming out the back. Can I just attach a 5 inch 90 degree silicone high temp tube to my tips and point up? What do you think? Or maybe a rubber clamp that goes to some aluminum tubing or something like that? I would hate to have to cut up what is welded in right now to connect mufflers or anything else for that matter..

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
We tried some ghetto stuff with metal flex tube but it got very hot and melted some of my lower valence in the rear. I'd not try anything with rubber. Can you remove your tips? Not sure how yours are attached.

If you are willing to invest a little, we cut my stock tips off and used v-bands to re-attach them and to create a set of laguna pipes that can be swapped out in place of the stock tips. So if I need to meet a strict sound limit I just unclamp the stock tips and connect up the Laguna pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are willing to invest a little, we cut my stock tips off and used v-bands to re-attach them and to create a set of laguna pipes that can be swapped out in place of the stock tips. So if I need to meet a strict sound limit I just unclamp the stock tips and connect up the Laguna pipes.

That's what I'm going to have to do. Do you have any pictures of what you're looking to pipes look like?

It's $1,600 plus gas and he has several cars available. I'm walking out the door for Snakes at The Lake so I need to check the info he sent me. Complete arrive n drive in a race car.

@steveespo
@Black Boss
@PeteInCT

Contact is below and make sure you mention TMO:

Darrell Anderson
President
AV8 Supercars
510-928-2423

Last edited:

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
That's what I'm going to have to do. Do you have any pictures of what you're looking to pipes look like?

Find a truck repair supply shop and look for 4" 90d elbows. hit them with a hacksaw to create slits to collapse them slightly so they will slide inside the exhaust tips.

Hit up a screw/bolt supplier like Fastenal and pick up (2) 4-1/2" or 4-5/8" stainless bolts w/ 4 stainless washers and 4 nuts. I'm not sure big box stores have something stout in that size. Then drill 2 through holes so you can run the bolts through and double-nut them in place. You won't be able to really torque them as you'd collapse the pipes. Double nut them and consider a third as I'm sure track buddies wouldn't want a close up look at one of them from their windshield.

If you drill the holes correctly you can the flip them right or left facing depending on your needs. Your milage may vary and if they stay on your car longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.
ShelbyDB901.jpgShelbyDB902.jpg

Last edited:
Hit up a truck repair supply shop and look for 4" 90d elbows. hit them with a hacksaw to create slits to collapse them slightly so they will slide inside the exhaust tips.

Hit up a screw/bolt supplier and pick up 2 4-1/2" stainless bolts w/ 4 stainless washers and 4 nuts. Then drill 2 through holes so you can run the bolts through and double-nut them in place.

If you drill the holes correctly you can the flip them right or left facing depending on your needs. Your milage may vary and if they stay on your car longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.
View attachment 1358View attachment 1359

Thanks for that. I'm going to definitely do something like that. And if they happen to be on my car for longer than four hours, I'll call 911. Or maybe my local poison control center.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Just under five weeks out and only have three going so far. Anyone else going to join us? Weather should be relatively cool compared to most of the other CA tracks.

There is a possibility.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sorry, wrong date, I'll be driving a spec mustang at the Shelby mini nats aug 6th.

Just under five weeks out and only have three going so far. Anyone else going to join us? Weather should be relatively cool compared to most of the other CA tracks.
I'd love to but I'm doing the Mini-Nats on the 5th and 6th, then doing Laguna Seca on the 30th. There goes my track budget for at least a couple months.

TMO Supporting Vendors