The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO With HOD at Sonoma Friday August 25, 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FR500S-44

It's the challenge
Count me IN. Being retired - got nothin' else to do - I'll make most all of the dates you all choose. NOTE: MRLS 90db is do-able with stock mufflers IF you attach tips and side turn-outs. AV8 Supercars at Sonoma Raceway made 'em for my car. They are interchangeable with straight back tips. I'm running (new) Ford GT Mufflers part number: Ford Racing M-5230-GTB (Mustang GT Muffler Kit). Cliff

I might be able to make Aug 25th at Sonoma. It's 50/50. The whole mid-to-late August is iffy for me, and it's hot and sunny CA then anywho. Sept 16-17 with HOD at Thunderhill 3 mile looks great to me. Double the track time (two days), it's a weekend and things are cheaper around Willows, as compared with Monterey and Sonoma.

If Sonoma is the preferred venue, then May 22-23 or Oct 9 with HOD.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I'll take any day at Laguna Seca.

tetstang said:
I might be able to make Aug 25th at Sonoma. It's 50/50. The whole mid-to-late August is iffy for me, and it's hot and sunny CA then anywho. Sept 16-17 with HOD at Thunderhill 3 mile looks great to me. Double the track time (two days), it's a weekend and things are cheaper around Willows, as compared with Monterey and Sonoma.

If Sonoma is the preferred venue, then May 22-23 or Oct 9 with HOD.
Great. The August 25th is a go but that doesn't mean we can't do more.

Hello all,

I met Rick last week and talked wheels, tires and general automotive enjoyment. I am going to attend the August 25th Sonoma weekend.

I had a 90 Mustang that was full Griggs years ago but moved to motorcycles for a few years. My fiance is not digging the idea of another crotch rocket, so I have slowly been modifying my 2016 GT.

Regards,

Jeff

I just registered for the event ! Sonoma Aug 25.... and while I was at it, I also registered for MRLS on Aug 30. Group C for both. Planning my summer and jumping into the track schedule early. Anyone else ???
TS

Last edited:

mattlqx

Mustangless
I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do. I think I might have to try out mattlqx's method with the plugs/stoppers. How did they work out for you @mattlqx ?

They worked for me, but the sound limit was higher there than Laguna and the measured reading there was higher than Laguna's 92db. But obviously environmental factors will differ. I have a little more detail here: #99

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel