The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO's Pizza Port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was at Stop & Shop yesterday and saw they had their pizzas on sale for $1.99...reg $5.99. Being the cheapskate that I am, I bought one...saving $4.00, mind you!!!!!........After adding a little more Moz, Olive Oil and a few more other things, it wasn't that bad.........not that I would ever pay $5.99 for it................................Modern Pizza, Forgive me!!!!!!

Things pretty quiet here at the pizza/food corner.Still having Easter Dinner left overs here.Grant, You back from your Hawaiian get-away? I'm sure your kids are looking forward to one of your pizza masterpieces...............

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm only back physically. ;) :rolleyes:

More dough in production as I type. Punching it down in 12 minutes.

I missed posting the last one or two pizza nights before the trip. Nothing like getting sick a week before vacation. Wasn't bad, just inconvenient timing.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Hope you had a great trip and good to have you back on the mainland.

Just slightly off topic but if you use low viscosity olive oil on the pie, how much will it thin at 375 degrees at 5280 feet above sea level?

(any semblance to any other post on TMO is purely coincidental)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I dunno, pizza, and the making thereof, does seem like a religious topic to some people. Just like motor oil!
Now hold on there JDee. Pizza is a serious subject. Much more so than Religion or Motor Oil. Although to some, motor oil is a religion. At least no one here has asked my to put as donation in the plate......yet.

Grant. No picture....Did not happen. I am referring to your latest (Alleged) pizza's, not your illness. We will take you word on that.

Grant 302

I'll send you a link for the donations. ;) Or send a check to: Grant's Church of Pizza.

Pictures exist for 3 of the four pies on those two days. Just not uploaded. Not gonna dig for them at this point as they precede the tonne of vacation pics. There could be pics of pizza and illness. :eek: I won't share those if there are. :p

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Welp, I had another shot at pie and decided to throw everything including the kitchen sink on it. It was good but overwhelming way too much stuff, just a jumble of flavours where nothing really stood out. The sauce also had some heat to it and I really didn't find that added anything. The crust turned out fine again and I was able to do the transfer to the stone without mishap even with the mega load o' crap on it by using parchment paper. Progress? Some, but it seems with pizza less may well be more. Have decided the next pie will be minimalist in nature with only 3 ingredients plus a more traditional sauce and of course the requisite cheese.

JDee, When you load up a pie with that much stuff, you do lose a little of the character of the pizza.My friend used to call them "garbage" pies...everything on it except anchovies...with a pie like that.....a couple slices and you are done.A two topping pie is much more "manageable" to me as I get older........:D

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
My friend used to call them "garbage" pies...everything on it except anchovies...with a pie like that.....a couple slices and you are done..:D

Yeah, two three pound slices will do that to you.

Grant 302

A heavily topped pie is also harder to cook. Might also weigh the crust down too much and prevent any rise and make a bit of soggy mess layer between the crust and sauce.

I'm guilty of the same...but where are the pictures?

TMO Supporting Vendors