The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TMO's Pizza Port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1985, everything was made fresh in the store
Things change over tyme, unfortunately...when Businesses franchise out, their allure begins to diminish as they grow.I remember going to a Pizza Hut in Florida in 1992 while going to Disney with the Family. It was very good stuff!!! When Pizza Hut franchised here in the early 20's, it was horrible..and our 3 Pizza Hut stores soon closed. Poor decisions, poor quality all played a part. The Pizza Hut name deserved better than it got here back then. Better news, we have a new Pizza Hut in the area that's making good pie..............only from what I hear.....I only get pizza from local shops...........

Hon surprised me with a pepperoni pizza yesterday...that IRS refund money I gave Her may be working out for me after all.......................double wink......;);)....I'm married to the best woman in the whole world!!!.....Others may beg to differ, which might mean they are as happy as me....who am I to argue??...when life gives you lemons..make lemonade....if you get diamonds, enjoy their beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
a new Pizza place in Stratford..."The Parlor"
Hey, that's the old Jerry's Shakespeare Apizza building. I used to live around the corner on the river back in the 90's and would walk over to get pizza. Though Salerno's is/was probably a better pie in Stratford than Jerry's. I'd categorize Jerry's as "utility pizza" - but with the pizza tradition in CT that's still pretty darn good. You know a good local apizza shop that's been around for a while when you can ask for a "large scamoz pie" and they don't look at you with a blank stare. I'll have to try Parlor after an autocross sometime - our lot is nearby.

Hey, that's the old Jerry's Shakespeare Apizza building
Dave, Glad to see another/former Stratford dweller on TMO!!!!!...I grew up in Stratford and had a few Jerry's and Salerno's pies in my days there!!! I hope you get a chance to try a Parlor Pie...it's good pie and that's coming from a connasir..........I didn't even try to spell that right....................spellcheck didn't try either...............

I'm due for a Modern Pizza in New Haven but I'm too lazy to make the 20 min drive and 1/2 hr wait to get in.....is a P&J in my future?...only tyme will tell!!...I do have a Celeste for one in the freezer..........pepperoni and sausage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hon cookin something in the kitchen downstairs..............smells very good.....I didn't get an invite.....that's not a good sign......good things come to those who wait or starve to death......pick your poison.......that Celeste pizza is looking better as I type!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard on the news today, Sally's from Wooster St. in New Haven will be opening another place down the road in Stamford. When most places do that ,it's just not the same pie as the original.................Hope I'm wrong.................

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thank goodness , but how many Drink Colt 45 while being part of the 45 percentile? Coors Light with a Canadian Bacon and pineapple pizza is a solid choice in my book , guess I have to admit to being a 45 percent!

TMO Supporting Vendors