The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

to cheap not to buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
so I was at the meijer today to get the wife's prescription and on the clearance rack sits two unopened shadow chrome paint kits for 8.97 a piece. so I figure at the very least I will use the clear. so I grabbed them. go to self checkout and they ring up for 4.97 a piece!!!! score....now what to paint that color? Thinking strip down the strut tower brace polish it out then black chrome it?

Any ideas? has to have a chrome or shiny appearance to get the right effect. I would have to put down at least a silver undercoat to try to get it to look right. I was thinking I could also get the silver skulls and put over top of them :)

here is the kit I am talking about
41xAbWlbjbL.jpg

Justin

T1000 said:
Hey Justin, not sure if that works on plastic or not, but if so maybe it would look nice on some coil covers?
it might but would have to put a chrome base down to get the right look.

Justin

F.D. Sako said:
- exhaust tips
- faux gas cap
- front emblem
- kitchen utensils
i would give the exhaust a shot but I don't know how heat resistant it is and would hate to ruin my exhaust if it didn't work

I already have a nice emblempros gas cap don't want to mess that up

I already have the emblem in mind for a nice custom air brush idea.

Kitchen utensils lol wife wouldn't like that.

Good ideas though.

I'm just going to have to look around the car for some ideas

TMO Supporting Vendors