The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

To Sticker or Not To Sticker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
The problem with acronyms is that only a few people know the meaning. It drives me wild, seeing acronyms all over the place and no idea what the hell they represent. I like the look, but to the uninitiated they will have zero idea what it means. Maybe a small line underneath that says "Track Mustangs Online"???

Stickers are so cool, it's the way I pay off the neighborhood kids to clean the windows in my car, this way I don't have to crawl over the roll bar tubing and they get to tell their cronies at school about how they worked on a "real" race car.
Which BTW, for those scoring at home, I got a call from John Henricy, they broke their T4 car at Homestead and needed to borrow the Banana this week at Sebring. Don't expect anything miraculous, they just need to get some laps in to qualify for the runoffs then they'll prolly pull it in.
but..

FmjNaANl.jpg

In this photo you'll see a bunch of tech stickers, they are the size of the restrictor, and the weight of the car based on the restrictor and or BoP, and the class , T4
The rest are contingency stickers, from different manufacturers, if you win the runoffs you get several sets of Hoosier tires same thing with Hawk, Summit and whatever. I have Tim's (OP) sticker on there just because I know him, he builds good stuff, and is a small business, same thing with the Forte's sticker, the Phoenix speaks for itself, then there's the TMO sticker to promote this website, since I've been a contributor since it was Boss 302 On Line back around 2011 or so.
Plus, if you get tired of racing the car, you can always read it.

XUhL9eVl.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gotta love the TMO sticker and cool you have an Optimum Performance sticker ( TMO Sponsor ) on there too. Tim does help out a lot of members and he often has stuff when others don't --- 25mm spacers for instance.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
Gotta love the TMO sticker and cool you have an Optimum Performance sticker ( TMO Sponsor ) on there too. Tim does help out a lot of members and he often has stuff when others don't --- 25mm spacers for instance.
Those 25mm spacers have got to be worth more than gold by now. Seems everyone has them on backorder these days

I really need to make those available for all members to order once I get caught up from the move. All the development work has been done, it's just a matter of testing it all and making it live.
Those QR code decals are cool chit! I can honestly say I have never used a QR code but know many have and do. They are also an awesome conversation piece. People ask about my car and always forget something. I would use for myseld in a pinch just to refresh the list in my noggin. 😅

Utah
See if this sounds familiar:
  1. 1st year - Buy a used but very clean Mustang with the intent to track it someday. Don't drive it in the rain. Use magnet numbers on the car at the track only. No stickers, especially on the paint!
  2. 2nd year - More mods, wife still does the grocery getting after you take the numbers off. What she can't see she doesn't know... "Why do the brakes squeek?" OK, some stickers, but only on the windows.
  3. 3rd year - Tired of loosing numbers. Get some stick ons. Wife looks at you a bit cross eyed because her other car doesn't have numbers and she feels weird driving it that way. Maybe a few stickers on the bumpers...
  4. 4th year - Full aero. Big permanent number graphics on the doors. A few stickers tastefully placed. The wife wouldn't drive it if it was the only car left in the county with gas in it. Not only driving in the rain, but tracking in the rain with the windows down, on purpose!
  5. 5th year - Any cool sticker goes on it. Every vendor you buy something from, "Do you have a sticker?" Wife doesn't even want to ride in the car because it feels "broken". Ahh, it is great when a plan comes together!
"Stick" around long enough and your car will look like this...

tempImagercWZYV.png

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
  1. 1st year - Buy a used but very clean Mustang with the intent to track it someday. Don't drive it in the rain. Use magnet numbers on the car at the track only. No stickers, especially on the paint!
  2. 2nd year - More mods, wife still does the grocery getting after you take the numbers off. What she can't see she doesn't know... "Why do the brakes squeek?" OK, some stickers, but only on the windows.
  3. 3rd year - Tired of loosing numbers. Get some stick ons. Wife looks at you a bit cross eyed because her other car doesn't have numbers and she feels weird driving it that way. Maybe a few stickers on the bumpers...
  4. 4th year - Full aero. Big permanent number graphics on the doors. A few stickers tastefully placed. The wife wouldn't drive it if it was the only car left in the county with gas in it. Not only driving in the rain, but tracking in the rain with the windows down, on purpose!
  5. 5th year - Any cool sticker goes on it. Every vendor you buy something from, "Do you have a sticker?" Wife doesn't even want to ride in the car because it feels "broken". Ahh, it is great when a plan comes together!

It's so beautiful...

Even the stickers tastefully done!

Apex3V

Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast
E43A9236-CB88-46DA-89B5-CE03F5F15A5C.png
I personally love stickers as a form of expression on a car, I do mostly vinyl and some printed stickers from manufacturers that do contingencies. I saw the talk about the tmo sticker and figured I’d throw my version up. I have 3 of this size on the car (1 rear,2 sides) and like the look of it in this scenario, while I do love the new logo I do debate myself on placing the old logo on instead just because of preference.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal

View attachment 61078
This is hilarious! 🤣 I'm about that 2nd or 3rd year mark right now.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Magnets stay on if you add a small piece of clear tape to leading edge.
Or if your the Pace car, they never come off!

I have used magnetic numbers for years. Use to tape them on but found out when you spin, it's best to lose them and sneak back into the paddock. I run with my little TMO and NASA vinyl stickers and a magnetic F.A.R.T. stickers when in Hastings but other than that, I paste all my parts one on the inside of my garage door.IMG_1234.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors