The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

To X Pipe or Not To X Pipe? UPDATE X installed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: To X Pipe or Not To X Pipe?

ArizonaGT said:
Oh yeah.

And I am on an AED tune, FWIW.

I just got my car loaded with the AED tunes. No restrictor plates (I actually didn't get them from the dealer and didn't care at the time).

Well, it's gone from barks, burps, etc. to full bore "backfires". sounds like a cannon going off. So, I'm wondering with the Cat Deletes and tune, if it's just too much with tune? The backfiring is actually obnoxious.

What is your setup compared to mine?

ps. I'm all in for the X pipe now.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I no longer have the side pipes. Lethal off-road X, stock intermediate pipes including factory resonators, Roush mufflers.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

SUPRMN said:
You can install an X-pipe and still keep side exhaust correct?

Not typically, although there is probably somebody that makes one that will retain the side pipes if you look.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

SUPRMN said:
You can install an X-pipe and still keep side exhaust correct?
Yeah there are a couple out there. American Racing Headers is one of them. There are others just cant remember who all makes them off the top of my head

Justin said:
Yeah there are a couple out there. American Racing Headers is one of them. There are others just cant remember who all makes them off the top of my head

American Racing Headers do have the X-pipe but it appears you must buy the headers too. I will make a call tomorrow to see if one can by it separate.

Justin

SUPRMN said:
American Racing Headers do have the X-pipe but it appears you must buy the headers too. I will make a call tomorrow to see if one can by it separate.
that is true. there isnt any x mid pipe out there that uses the stock headers that I have seen. The only upgraded h-pipe that retains the side pipes and uses the stock headers is the mrt mid pipe.

ArizonaGT said:
Just installed the Lethal O/R X pipe on my car; that plus the Roush axlebacks sounds awesome. Super loud, though. I feel bad for my neighbors. It is a lot more raspy than an H-Pipe setup, some people may not like that, but it sounds VERY racy now.

Is the Lethal bolt on?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Boss949 said:
Is the Lethal bolt on?

Yep! It sits pretty close to the transmission mount on the passenger side but everything works.

Nice. I don't have side pipes anymore either. With headers and a catless X the car is plenty loud even with GT500's. I don't miss the quads.

ForceofWill said:
Nice. I don't have side pipes anymore either. With headers and a catless X the car is plenty loud even with GT500's. I don't miss the quads.

Awesome. Can't wait, it's at the shop now and should be ready Wed or Thurs.....

Justin

ForceofWill said:
you say that till you hear mine....lol

TMO Supporting Vendors