The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tokico adjuster removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One of my rear damper adjusters came with some sort of debris packed in it making it difficult to turn. Now it is to the point that the little screwdriver slot is on the verge of stripping. I've read that Tokico will replace these free. Has anyone ever removed the adjuster? It looks like the red ring with the numbers might be pressed on and could be pried off with pliers but I don't want to ruin anything.

65sohc said:
One of my rear damper adjusters came with some sort of debris packed in it making it difficult to turn. Now it is to the point that the little screwdriver slot is on the verge of stripping. I've read that Tokico will replace these free. Has anyone ever removed the adjuster? It looks like the red ring with the numbers might be pressed on and could be pried off with pliers but I don't want to ruin anything.

One of my adjusters broke off and Dealer changed it under warranty.

TMO Supporting Vendors