The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Took delivery 5/20/16 of Shadow Black R # GR222

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congratulations and that's a terrific looking combo. Black looks fantastic on the S550 chassis. Will you be taking your track Mustang to a track anytime soon?

I did sell the Yellow GT350 in order to pay for the R. I am keeping my Yellow Blaze Boss and my 3 other Mustangs. I'm headed to Miller Motorsports for the Track Attack on Memorial day. I used the VIN on the Yellow car for Memorial Day and will be using the VIN on the new R to go again later. Haven't made any plans past that.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi Blaze Yellow:

Great pic of the 2 Shelby GT350's in your garage and I'm happy you were able to pick up the R model.

During a recent car show I was able to look closely at both a GT350 and a GT350R parked side by side, and I was surprised by the visual differences. The R's stance seemed much more aggressive and it looked like a race car someone let loose on the streets.

The blue stripe package with red accent stripes is a really nice touch and adds something special to your R.

Best of luck with your new car,
302 Hi Pro

Golly, what a gorgeous (while simultaneously ominous looking) machine.

I also generally prefer a clean appearance over striping on other vehicles, but count me among those who appreciates the heritage of the stripes on these cars. And what a striking combo you've picked!

I dig your personalized plate, I've got the exact same custom plate design on my Boss. Bunch of us TMO members running around down here in Tejas!

Thanks for all the kind words. I do feel very fortunate.
Unfortunately "myplates" here in Texas will not allow me to sell the "16 GT350" plate to someone else now that I don't have a use for it.
I bought it for 5 years ($499) so it will become an expensive wall hanger.
16gt350yellowplate_zpsgewhwcjt.png
The plate "Shelby R" in my avatar is going on the new R with this frame.
shelbyrplate2_zpsiqw0vjia.png
Here's my Boss 302 plate:
acb85096-5263-4a7f-badc-01b9bb6a837f_zpszxap9dze.png

Haha, it's a racket.Ah well, the price of doing bizness.
Fortunate is the right word, I feel that way too. I remember times in my life when I'd have despaired of having a car I love as much as I do mine. When I first brought it home, one of my favorite things to do (for several months) was open the garage and just look at it, so happy that it was in my garage. I'm sure you've got plenty of quality "garage time" ahead as well!

Enjoy that machine.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
She's absolutely gorgeous. That's how I built my GT350R - black with blue stripes and red stripe trim. The only thing that stopped me was the silly ADM.

Enjoy the ride in that beauty!

The only thing that stopped me was the silly ADM.
My journey to acquire an R was a very long and winding road full of twists and turns including a dealer that accepted my order and deposit almost a year ago in early June,2015.
I had a "confirmed" order number. JMBoss302 was even tracking it here on this forum when I'd ask him to. It would come up as "Unscheduled, Material Hold" just like all the others.
Six months later in December, 2015 when the order was pulled by the dealers Ford Regional Rep it was cancelled because they didn't have an allocation for an R.
I persisted through a different route and with a lot of help from several folks I was able to achieve the goal.
The bottom line is that I am very grateful to all that helped with this!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel