The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Took the boss down the 1/8 today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I posted this on another forum but thought I would post here also.I took the boss to my local 1/8 mile track today and it laid down some nice numbers.My car's mods are LCA's,mgw shifter,mt et street's.First pass was a 7.84 at 94 mph with a 1.79 60 ft lauching at 5000 rpm's with trackey.The second pass was a 7.57 at 95 mph with a 1.66 60 ft lauching at 6500 rpm with regular key.I am the car on the right side of both time slips.I also had my wife video the run's with my iphone so not best quality.
bosstrack006.jpg
bosstrack007.jpg

The first video is the 7.84 pass.The second video is the 7.57 pass.
http://youtu.be/TBFxqbrziao
http://youtu.be/e6bDAUapyfI

AZBoss302 said:
cloud9 said:
Are the ET Streets on the stock 19" rims or after-market 15s? That's a pretty good 60'.

+1

Very good 60' time.
26x11.50-17 et streets on 04 cobra wheels.They had the track prepped very well as my car was hooking hard.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Nice times, I think you might run out of RPM with those in the 1/4 mile, The 1/4 you will be crossing at 7700.

I ran mine in 1/8 last summer , coundt get 4th for a 1/4 mile run but got a decent 1/8 run of 7.9

unrealford said:
Nice times, I think you might run out of RPM with those in the 1/4 mile, The 1/4 you will be crossing at 7700.

I ran mine in 1/8 last summer , coundt get 4th for a 1/4 mile run but got a decent 1/8 run of 7.9

Yea,I had these laying around for our 04 cobra.I'm gonna invest in a set of drag wheels and tires for track duty.I hit the rev limiter in 3rd right as I crossed the line in the 1/8.

How do you guys set the dampers for the drag strip? I will be running street tires but figured it will be similar. Do you want the rear soft or hard?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
jake74 said:
I ran mine on the softest setting 1 on all 4 corners.
I will give that a try next time. you cut better 60' times than I did. I ran the same tires you did. I am just leerie that the stock driveshaft wont take 6500rpm hits a whole lot. looking at getting a DSS alum driveshaft 699 direct bolt in. and it should be worth some ET.

boss2511 said:
jake74 said:
I ran mine on the softest setting 1 on all 4 corners.
I will give that a try next time. you cut better 60' times than I did. I ran the same tires you did. I am just leerie that the stock driveshaft wont take 6500rpm hits a whole lot. looking at getting a DSS alum driveshaft 699 direct bolt in. and it should be worth some ET.
It will take it.I went back to the track last Sunday and launched at 6800 rpm and cut a 1.63 60ft but still ran a 7.57 but slowed down 3mph as it was 15 degrees hotter outside.

TMO Supporting Vendors