The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Took the new BOSS home yesterday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weather is descent, and dry roads so I went to the dealer after work, had them remove the baffles for me and hit the road. GIDDY UP is all I can say. I don't think i've ever had a bigger grin for such a long time. This car is freakin awesome period. I am hooked baby! Best money I have ever spent. Drove it nice for the first 100 miles, and put the hammer down on a long stretch. As you can tell, I am very excited.
For those who are on the fence about buying one.........DO IT for the love of god!

I've had mine for almost two years and I still feel that way. Congratulations!

HackBoss302 said:
Welcome to the club! Schedule Track Attack, it is a blast even if your a track rat already.
Thanks, but unfortunately, I live in Canada, and we aren't entitled to that experience. There is a guy in my town with an 850hp Viper gts that wants me to go to the texas mile with him next year. Unfortunately, I'm broke now! LOL

Awesome post! Still laughing! I pick mine up in 12 days and am jumping out of my knickers. I'm gonna do the same thing: take it easy for 100 miles and then throw the hammer down. The little woman will be along so I am already bracing myself for the "LOOK". The same one when I opened my 911 up to 133mph in her first ride. Yea, she still allows me to live with her and I expect she'll get over her first Boss encounter.

Johnson13 said:
Weather is descent, and dry roads so I went to the dealer after work, had them remove the baffles for me and hit the road. GIDDY UP is all I can say. I don't think i've ever had a bigger grin for such a long time. This car is freakin awesome period. I am hooked baby! Best money I have ever spent. Drove it nice for the first 100 miles, and put the hammer down on a long stretch. As you can tell, I am very excited.
For those who are on the fence about buying one.........DO IT for the love of god!

Halle-frickin-lujah J13! Jesus I can't wait for winter to be over!

Johnson13 said:
Congrats to you. It is a fantastic feeling driving it home for the first time.

The virgin drive is the BEST!!! I had the pleasure of driving mine from the dealership to home which was close to 900-1200 miles. Welcome to the club!

Vermont
Congrats on your new Boss! That first drive convinced me beyond any doubt I had bought the right car and it sounds like you feel the same way. Looking forward to taking it out of winter storage in a few weeks. Should seem like a brand new car again. Good luck and be prepared for longing gazes from people wishing it were theirs.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
so the BOSS is a STD...?

Speed Transmitted Disease...

I don't want to be cured....

your emotions made me stand in the garage and start cursing the snow outside...
come on global warming.... hurry up...

TMO Supporting Vendors