The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tools needed for injector swap on a Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
So I need to swap in 47lb injectors (to run E85 for track events), haven't ever swapped injectors on anything other than an LSx but I can't imagine 5.0s are a ton different. I looked for a DIY and didn't find one, but I get the basic idea, I'm more worried about what tools I need because I have basic hand tools only pretty much.

It looks like two 10mm nuts on each side hold on the little foam cover things and then it looks like you need a deep 10mm or 8mm to release the fuel rails?

What tools should I have? I have a fuel line removal tool and deep (and standard) metric sockets, anything else I should need?

********Nevermind S197forums posted a PDF for me*******

the tools you have should get you there.
remember to use a lil vaseline or similar lube on those new orings so they do not get pinched on install and make sure the old o rings came out with the old injectors. sometimes they stick.

steve-o

TMO Supporting Vendors