The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Top Gear Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will friend you....from my son's (14 yr old) account...shortly. you won't know which one of us it is actually driving - hint: he's very fast, but a little reckless. oh, that may not help much ;-) Another series we really like is the DIRT series...lots of rally / rallycross stuff and lots of fun vehicles.

I'm a long-time Forza fan...ran 100's of laps at laguna before my first racing school out there and it helped a ton. everyone was trying to learn the track while I already had it stored in personal ROM.

for driving set-ups, we use the microsoft wheel / pedals...they're nice...we have two sets so we can race against each other.
and last year added one of the playseats:
http://www.amazon.com/Playseat-Special-Edition-Takuma-Licensed/dp/B004LL9XCK/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351274535&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=takumo+sato+playseat

don't know why they're so expensive now...I got it for my son for Christmas last year and it was only $300. it's a very comfortable setup.

last comment:I think these games / simulators are worth it for young drivers...I had my son drive a real car last week for the first time...just around the neighborhood, and he was money. all the hand / foot / eye coordination stuff was really good...and he was really relaxed, which counts for a lot.

fuhrius said:
for driving set-ups, we use the microsoft wheel / pedals...they're nice...we have two sets so we can race against each other.
Which one?

TMO Supporting Vendors