The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Top Gear presenter Clarkson suspended over 'fracas': BBC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
http://news.yahoo.com/top-gear-presenter-clarkson-suspended-over-fracas-bbc-173508756.html

Top Gear presenter Clarkson suspended over 'fracas': BBC

London (AFP) - The BBC on Tuesday said it had suspended Jeremy Clarkson, the controversial host of popular motoring programme "Top Gear", after he became involved in a "fracas" with a producer.

"Top Gear" is the most popular factual television programme on the planet, with 350 million viewers per week in 170 countries.

"Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation," said a statement from the broadcaster.

"No one else has been suspended. 'Top Gear' will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

Clarkson is already on his "final warning" following a series of controversies including his apparent use of a racist term when reciting an old nursery rhyme while filming "Top Gear" and the use of an "offensive racial term" in an episode in Myanmar.

Britain's broadcasting watchdog regulator Ofcom said that Clarkson's use of the word "slope", as slang for a person of Asian origin, was potentially offensive and that the BBC had failed in its duty to viewers by broadcasting it.

The show has previously got into hot water over its depictions of Mexicans, Albanians, Romanians and Germans and the crew was forced to make a high-profile evacuation from Argentina last year in a row over the Falkland Islands.

Furious residents hurled stones at a BBC car bearing a license plate which appeared to reference the 1982 Falklands War between Britain and Argentina.

Clarkson was among those who were forced to abandon their vehicles after an angry crowd gathered and began throwing stones but the BBC denied the registration plate was intended as a deliberate provocation.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
ArizonaBOSS said:
BBC needs him, whether they like it or not.

I have to agree, the only problem is, Clarkson knows it. I'm not a big fan of his, but he does carry this program.

Have fun,
Dave
2HP

I let my agent know I'm available for this weekends taping it they need me. ;)

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
***UPDATE***

BMO moderator tells Clarkson to "get lost"!

Rick, the normally soft spoken, tolerant, usually good natured global moderator of trackmustangsonline.com says Jeremy Clarkson has had his time in the sun and needs to "go away".

"There is no reason for Jeremy to have thrown that punch".

"When you're pulling in $22 million a year, admittedly before exorbitant British taxes, (but that still is no reason to be angry), you've got to control yourself".

The global moderator of BMO has reportedly caught the British Airways red eye tonight and is on his way to Heathrow.

He believes that Clarkson's so called "personal" Range Rover is in fact registered to the BBC and expects it to be fully gassed up, warmed up, (and if possible, converted to left hand drive) and ready for his use upon landing.

Stay tuned for more information.

Any rumors regarding Rick having thrown punches at BMO members who have passed him on the track are just that-rumors.

Good luck Rick and we are looking forward to your review of the GT350 and Ford GT.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Watching Top Gear, I can see it is a hindrance to be as tall as Clarkson.

He is obviously uncomfortable squeezing his tall frame into sports cars.

I am "only 5'11", and that was too tall for me to feel comfy in my first gen Boxster S.

In other news, I read the rest of the season has been cancelled. Something about Clarkson unhappy about the availabilty of hot food after filming an episode and he threw a punch...

four-walling said:
I am "only 5'11", and that was too tall for me to feel comfy in my first gen Boxster S.
I'm that same height as Clarkson. I landed a few hours ago and just met with the producers. They were looking for someone the same height to keep the show balanced, something about corner weighting and ride height, so I'm in. ;)

But wait, I just received this text:

"UPDATE: According to the latest news coming out of the UK, Jeremy Clarkson was suspended after throwing a punch at a male producer. The incident happened a week ago, but wasn't initially reported, and as soon as it was, Clarkson's suspension was handed down. The final three episodes of Top Gear Season 22 are on indefinite hold."

:'(

Replace him with Jay Leno!

I am all for being politically incorrect if you are calling something like it is, but Clarkson is a lying jerk instigator just for the hell of it. Hammond and May seem to be genuinely nice guys so I feel bad for them having to tolerate his bull.

TMO Supporting Vendors