The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Top Gear Supercar Showdown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have the info from the test mentioned in post #10 of this link? (I'm nervous about downloading the 43 page article from an unknown site) The pictures they posted show a Laguna Seca with the Veyron, etc...

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=333400

I haven't read the whole thing yet but yes they liked it.

There are no instrumented track tests, other than basic acceleration tests (which are all much slower than what US rags were getting). Like the recent Motor Trend "Best Driver's Car" this was a subjective test. They really liked the car, but look at what it was up against, so it ends-up in last place or so. Still good reading. I picked-up the magazine at my local Barnes & Noble.

Only just now noticed that they did a Top Speed test and got 146 mph. Interesting.

Jimmy

Jimmy Pribble said:
Only just now noticed that they did a Top Speed test and got 146 mph. Interesting.

Read it they seemed to like it (considering the cost of some of the cars it was up against). Not sure what is up with the 146, I have had mine to 160 in 5th, around 7200-7300 and would have gone to red line if I stayed in it (rough math says 163-165 in 5th gear at redline). 6th gear need a longer straight.

MNG_BOSS302 said:
Jimmy Pribble said:

Read it they seemed to like it (considering the cost of some of the cars it was up against). Not sure what is up with the 146, I have had mine to 160 in 5th, around 7200-7300 and would have gone to red line if I stayed in it (rough math says 163-165 in 5th gear at redline). 6th gear need a longer straight.

Ah, well that means they probably did a one-way test (no accommodation for incline or wind) or something. They didn't seem to care about instrumented tests, so I didn't give it much thought. Thanks for the BTDT, though. ;)

Jimmy

MNG_BOSS302 said:
Jimmy Pribble said:

I've done the same. I keep reading about a 155 speed limiter, but it looks like it's more like 165. Haven't had the opportunity to test it though....always run out of track. An airport runway would be a good option ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors