The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Torque specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am preparing to install an Exedy hyper single and I am having a hard time finding torque specs. When I do find specs, they seem to be different depending on where the info comes from.

Does anyone know what the torque specs for theEH06SD1 Exedy hyper single pressure plate is?

what about the flywheel bolts? I have found 177in/lbs which converts to 14.7ft/lbs...there is no way that is right.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Thanks but I do not have a 96-04 mustang, and the clutch I purchased is not listed there. That was the first place I tried. I may be missing something on that page you linked though.

I called Exedy usa and the pressure plate is 23lb/ft with Loctite 242 on the threads. The ARP flywheel bolts are 70lb/ft with Loctite 242 on the threads, and a small dab of assembly grease under the head of the bolt where it meets the surface of the flywheel.

It is weird to call someone for information in 2019 and get the information in a 2 minute phone call. I have been so used to finding the info I need online for the last 20 years.

TMO Supporting Vendors