The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Torsen block spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

I found this item on blowfishracing site.

https://www.blowfishracing.com/drivetrain/114-88-ford-torsen-spacer-block-set.html

What this item does ? What it improves ?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The split block allows you to run a taller gear. The stock block will not fit past the gears of some taller gear sets. Steve developed this fix to allow the taller gears sets.
The stock block is one piece. As such, the gap between the gear and the slot is insufficient to insert the stock one piece block.
Steve's solution was to simply make a two piece block. Slide in one half and then the other, insert bolt.
I believe Steve developed this part as a solution for an issue Darren was having with his racecar. I believe Darren was fitting 4:56 gears and the block would not fit past the ring gear teeth.
So...yea, Steve has again come up with a practical, easy to install solution to a racers problem.
Can you use it on stock gear sets, likely. Being two piece it may make installation easier. I had to play with the axels a bit to align the torsen and shafts when I changes wheel seals. This two piece block could make this task easier.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel