The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Torsen Differential Identification - T2 or T2R?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Utah
I am selling a take off Torsen differential for a friend, but we are not sure if it is a T2 or T2R. The unit came out of a VIN Boss 302 race car, but is not the stock Boss 302 Torsen unit. We have one of those as well and it is marked with factory part numbers and scan codes. I wish I had better pictures of the T2-R I put in my car a few years back...

Thanks in advance for any help.IMG_4572.jpegIMG_4573.jpeg

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
If you haven't got an answer yet, PM me. I have a contact at Torsen that may be able to help.

I would be surprised if it is a T2 if it came out of a race cars. The T2 has a fairly low TBR of 2 or 2.5:1 if I remember correctly. Even the factory Boss 302 Torsens are higher at 2.7:1. The T2R is 4:1 and is much more likely to be in a 302S or 302R.

TMO Supporting Vendors