The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TOTAL BUILD NUMBERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

I CANT REMEMBER WHERE I READ IT....... IF I DID..........HOW MANY BOSS'S ARE THEY GOING TO BUILD? JUST 2012 AND 2013 RIGHT?......

98RedGT

2012 #552
When do you suppose 2013 orders can be placed? When are dealers going to have colors and specs on 2013?

98RedGT said:
When do you suppose 2013 orders can be placed? When are dealers going to have colors and specs on 2013?
They opened on November 19th 2010 for MY 2012 so probably something similar.

5 DOT 0 said:

In theory, this is probably true. But with the delays and what not that they have had this year, I wouldn't fully bank on that fact. It may push everything back a little further than what one would assume. Then again...it might not.

GA
Nccstud said:
5 DOT 0 said:

In theory, this is probably true. But with the delays and what not that they have had this year, I wouldn't fully bank on that fact. It may push everything back a little further than what one would assume. Then again...it might not.

Economic indicators are not looking good on top of Ford's production delays, so who knows how it will play out. Dealers may end up with enough 2012 Bosses sitting on their lots that plans could change. The 2008 Bullitt was supposed to be a 1-year run of 7000 units US/700 Canada, and due to the recession became a 2-year run with less than the original target overall.

Yes, the economy isn't looking real good. Die-hards like us have already ordered or taken delivery of their MY 2012s. I'd think many more potential customers are probably sitting on the fence trying to decide if they should be financially responsible and hold off or bite the bullet and hope their finances weather the economic storm in spite of shelling out for the Boss. Has anyone seen anything regarding 2012 Boss sales figures as of yet?

just took delivery of Boss #1355 and a friend just picked up LS #293 last tuesday. those are both the highest number I've seen

I think they will build them all plus a few extras for the ones that were damaged in the train wreck. Too bad things are the way they are right now. The less Mustangs build this year the higher the percentage of Boss 302 in total numbers. The Boss will be about as rare as a base V6 in total numbers although more desirable.

2012YellowBoss said:
I think they will build them all plus a few extras for the ones that were damaged in the train wreck. Too bad things are the way they are right now. The less Mustangs build this year the higher the percentage of Boss 302 in total numbers. The Boss will be about as rare as a base V6 in total numbers although more desirable.
That's a good point. You can find plenty of GTs and even GT 500s on the dealer lots, but good luck finding a V6...and if you do, are they selling at MSRP? Who would have thought!

BLAZN BOSS

Around here in eastern Va the dealers are ordering their alloted two Boss's. From what my dealer says there will be a certain number of dealships alowed 2. One standard 1 LS then the remainder of the "set" number of cars slated to be built will be offered in a lottery system to other dealers. So what ever the projected numbers to be built, minus the selected dealers (X2) + the lottery is what the poplulation will be. The big problem around here is the dealers marking up the price. It's hard to justify buying a base Boss' with Recaro for 44,000 + a 7500.00 "we got one you want one price" when a Shelby with No additions is 49,000.00 + TT and delivery.

I didn't know about a railroad wreck...........can someone fill me in?

BLAZN BOSS said:
Around here in eastern Va the dealers are ordering their alloted two Boss's. From what my dealer says there will be a certain number of dealships alowed 2. One standard 1 LS then the remainder of the "set" number of cars slated to be built will be offered in a lottery system to other dealers. So what ever the projected numbers to be built, minus the selected dealers (X2) + the lottery is what the poplulation will be. The big problem around here is the dealers marking up the price. It's hard to justify buying a base Boss' with Recaro for 44,000 + a 7500.00 "we got one you want one price" when a Shelby with No additions is 49,000.00 + TT and delivery.

I didn't know about a railroad wreck...........can someone fill me in?
Your dealer is misinformed. The allocations were released last Fall and it involved a fairly complicated process. There are 3,250 Boss 302's and 750 Lagune Secas being built for MY 2012. It's out there if you want to read up on it.

There was a train wreck in Texas and there were two LS's cars that got totaled in the wreck.

TMO Supporting Vendors