The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tow Hook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hello :)

short question..

my mechanic started yesterday with the installation of tow hook (ZL1 tow hook).
have you left the little ring on it?

if the little ring stays on it, you can screw the hook only a little bit (not stable)

the other question, does the hook scratch the front spoiler at high speed?
or have you screwed the angle of the hook firmly?

I don't remember mine having a ring and I definitely didn't use one. I thought mine had a nut to lock it into place though. This is the one I installed on my GT350.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 10.14.34 AM.png

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Massachusetts
hello :)

short question..

my mechanic started yesterday with the installation of tow hook (ZL1 tow hook).
have you left the little ring on it?

if the little ring stays on it, you can screw the hook only a little bit (not stable)

the other question, does the hook scratch the front spoiler at high speed?
or have you screwed the angle of the hook firmly?
I want to install a front tow hook my GT350 for "Track Nights" and need a shop to do it. What does the installation run price wise?

TMO Supporting Vendors