The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tow Hooks Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LS110 said:
I have the CoolTech and while the color matched my red at first, it has now faded to orange. Not good.
Either a rattle can or a good powder coater can fix that right up. BTW same here. ;)

NFSBOSS said:
Either a rattle can or a good powder coater can fix that right up. BTW same here. ;)

Ya, I have thought the same although that sounds like work :( It wound have to be the powder coated as the front hook gets used periodically to winch on to my trailer.

I have th Cooltech hooks, front and back. It's very tough. I've already used it to drag my Boss out of a tight spot. Also, someone unscrewed the horshoe and stole it one day, in a parking lot. I called the Cooltech people and they sent me a new one for free.

BigTaco said:
How many are running the 302s front and rear tubular bumpers with the hook mounts on them? That looks like the way to go. The tubular front bumper also makes it possible to enclose the radiator/oil cooler for better temp management.
I have both tubular bumper tow hooks on my boss. Front is the FRPP 302S tubular with integrated splitter mounts. Rear is Watson racing's tubular tow hook bar. Both great products and, unfortunately have had to use both and they worked flawlessly!

Luke

SC BOSS said:
I have both tubular bumper tow hooks on my boss. Front is the FRPP 302S tubular with integrated splitter mounts. Rear is Watson racing's tubular tow hook bar. Both great products and, unfortunately have had to use both and they worked flawlessly!

Luke

Luke, can you still mount a rear license plate with the watson rear bumper installed?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
BigTaco said:
How many are running the 302s front and rear tubular bumpers with the hook mounts on them? That looks like the way to go. The tubular front bumper also makes it possible to enclose the radiator/oil cooler for better temp management.

I thought Watson has block-off plates that *only* work with the tubular bumper?

TMO Supporting Vendors