The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tow hooks/ straps

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
halfway between Mosport and Shannonville
What are you guys using, since I'm about to paint some bumper covers. Straps look like a better option to me at the moment.
I use straps. I have 2 on the front because it's hard to find a solid enough spot in the center and I found out that if you pull by one strap mounted to a solid thing like the frame end (that makes it not a straight pull) you are likely going to do some significant damage to your bumper. I use both straps together with a Y strap to winch the car up on the trailer, it is so much better than trying to drive it on. With a racing clutch there is no clutch slipping and the car just comes up way too fast. Electric winch makes it so much easier. I only have 1 strap on the back.stangatMosport.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel