The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tow Hooks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone come up with a good solution for tow hooks yet? I don't like the idea of FR500/302S ones that need to be cut through the bumper and welded, it is hard to believe that with all the things developed for the car, a good bolt on tow hook isn't one of them.

They have strap style ones, I am thinking about putting one around the rear axle. Haven't come up with anything for the front yet.

litsnsirn said:
Has anyone come up with a good solution for tow hooks yet? I don't like the idea of FR500/302S ones that need to be cut through the bumper and welded, it is hard to believe that with all the things developed for the car, a good bolt on tow hook isn't one of them.

I have seen anything out there like the ones created for the early Shelbys. For now I plan to use the type Gary installed and cut the bumber cover. Been waiting a while for them to ship but hope to get them soon.

Are you allowed to put straps on a car at most tracks? I remember when I had my Jeep, you'd put the straps on and then fasten them to the upper body somewhere so you could get at them without digging in the mud, but I can't imagine that it would be easy to secure and would not be a good idea to have a bunch of nylon straps flapping round the track.

I've seen people with things similar to this

trs-fabric-tow-strap-red-970-p.jpg

I haven't looked at all the angled yet but I think there would be a way to attach it to the axle housing. Just need to make sure it doesn't drag.

TMO Supporting Vendors