The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tow Hooks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i am working on making them available to download direct from the site, but right now, i don't know of any way but to email. please request whichever kit you are interested in from my email on the site and i will send it to you.

short answer is yes, you do need to remove the bumper cover to install the front and the rear.

mwilson7 said:
What would you like to see and what would you pay for it?
FRPP springs for the Boss- $200-$300

Front Bumper Brace/Splitter Bracket/Front Tow hook combo discussed in another thread- Would be nice if it were priced less than the current splitter hardware kit at ~$300, but I'd probably end up paying whatever it costs :).

Anything to help track day cooling issues for good- Probably Priceless :D

The 302S program w/ ProCal mentioned by Drew is a good idea too.

mwilson7 said:
The Boss 2013 Boss 302S utilizes the T-6060 from the track pack GT-500 which utilizes an integrated trans cooler pump. We won't be selling the kit separately as the Shelby's with this trans already have a trans cooler so the market for us to sell kits is very small. Hopefully that makes sense......
Were I a Boss/LS owner I'd be clamoring for that latest version of the 6060, replete with the latest GT500 fixed flange at rear...

zdpp_0117.jpg

That opens the door to an off the shelf '13 GT500 CF shaft as well (as is used on the '13 302S)...

zdpp_0144.jpg

zdpp_0145.jpg

That is one beefy transmission, probably too much for a mild Boss that doesn't see severe service. I have spent zero time researching where the MT82 terminates in relation to the 6060 (I suspect it is off by a bit) but were it close a custom flange could be machined to allow use of the CF shaft as well. If the MT82 were longer than the 6060, I suppose Toray could lay up a shorter shaft (possibly requiring a different internal balance at the rear of the CF shaft).

mwilson7 said:
What would you like to see and what would you pay for it?

If you don't get a lengthy list here I know somebody that just might have one for you. :)

Tob

My humble apology for the hijack

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Got my blowfish racing tow hook kits last night. Great quality and ingenious designs for both front and rear mounting. Only issue is my blow fish racing decal was torn, would really love 2 good ones to put on the car.
Planing on starting Saturday and will post some pics.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Steve - if you can't get a replacement sticker send me a high Res scan of what you have. I can most probably make you can one any size you need. Freebie.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i would send out more, but i accidentaly ran out. i brought all i had made up to SEMA and when it was over i left them all in the rental car. i have yet to have more made up (which is why you didn't get stickers in your rear kit).

Hey Pufferfish, finally getting the opportunity to order some car parts. Before I hit buy, you running any promos on front tow hooks?

Jason

TMO Supporting Vendors