The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tow Hooks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Thanks again Mark, are there P/Ns for the trans cooler? Also I am going to have to figure out the thread size in the MT-82 fill and drain plugs, hopefully there is a metric to AN fitting that will work out there. Also pufferfish, ordered your front and rear tow hooks, I think you have Cool Tech beat on this one, I like the look and functionality of the centerline mounted attachments.
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Thanks again Mark, are there P/Ns for the trans cooler? Also I am going to have to figure out the thread size in the MT-82 fill and drain plugs, hopefully there is a metric to AN fitting that will work out there. Also pufferfish, ordered your front and rear tow hooks, I think you have Cool Tech beat on this one, I like the look and functionality of the centerline mounted attachments.
Steve

Steve if you get a pump-driven cooler system for the MT82 figured out, do a write-up. I'd be interested in duplicating the work. Not sure if you can utilize the "fill" hole, as the car needs to be in neutral to fill correctly.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I thought that was you! (probably not too many steveespo's out there) Thanks! They went off today. Enjoy! Hope to see your car in action in 2013. Do you race time trials or something? Or just track days? I plan on making it to a lot more track days this season to try out new product ideas as well as some choice items from other manufacturers;)

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
ArizonaGT said:
Steve if you get a pump-driven cooler system for the MT82 figured out, do a write-up. I'd be interested in duplicating the work. Not sure if you can utilize the "fill" hole, as the car needs to be in neutral to fill correctly.

I know it is easier to fill in neutral but didn't really pay attention if it is impossible when in gear. I've done 3 trans fluid changes and I am not sure I always had it in neutral. If you know 100% then I would need some outside guidance on where you can drill and tap a feed port. If its too complicated I may give up, but I am sure the trans needs cooling help during hard running.
Steve

The Boss 2013 Boss 302S utilizes the T-6060 from the track pack GT-500 which utilizes an integrated trans cooler pump. We won't be selling the kit separately as the Shelby's with this trans already have a trans cooler so the market for us to sell kits is very small. Hopefully that makes sense......

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mark do you have any forecast of parts FRPP is planning to release for the S197 that you could share with us?
I know there are a lot of us here that would rather wait a little bit and get an FRPP part vs. other aftermarket companies' parts.

ArizonaGT said:
Mark do you have any forecast of parts FRPP is planning to release for the S197 that you could share with us?
I know there are a lot of us here that would rather wait a little bit and get an FRPP part vs. other aftermarket companies' parts.

What would you like to see and what would you pay for it?

mwilson7 said:
I would really like to see FR come out with different variants of the track key. Hopefully with one that will add some hp and raise the redline. It may not be realistic wish, but I would be wiling to pay a decent amount for a tune that is developed by Ford.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
mwilson7 said:
A complete kit to install the CJ manifold- including manifold, air intake hose and throttle bodies- $1500
A Heavy Duty MT-82 trans with a .82 -.85 6th gear ratio-$3000
MT-82 Transmission cooler kit- $1200
Ford Racing engine tune similar to what the 302R cars are running- $500
FIA Roll cage kit like the 302S/R-$1800

Aw heck I should get a 302S!!!! J/K I like that I still drive my 'race car' on the street.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
steveespo said:
A complete kit to install the CJ manifold- including manifold, air intake hose and throttle bodies- $1500
A Heavy Duty MT-82 trans with a .82 -.85 6th gear ratio-$3000
MT-82 Transmission cooler kit- $1200
Ford Racing engine tune similar to what the 302R cars are running- $500
FIA Roll cage kit like the 302S/R-$1800

Aw heck I should get a 302S!!!! J/K I like that I still drive my 'race car' on the street.
Steve

Steve - By the time you're done the only difference will be you won't need to use 100 octane ;D

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
OK, now I have to ask why a trans cooler is needed? I have not heard of anyone cooking their fluid? I can't imagine any track day or even grassroots racer needing one, nor have I seen any with one. 20-30 minutes on track with maybe 1/4 of the time actually spent over 100mph, just doesnt seem like enough stress on that fluid?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
It is not needed, but as with any cooling enhancement it can lengthen the life of your tranny. Keep in mind not all drivers are doing just 30 minute HPDE events and/or are in low temp regions of the US.

I agree with the heavy duty MT-82 transmission and cooler. I think this is the only weak link in the car besides the cluth/pedal issues. With time that will be solved as well. Or if you come out with a T-6060 that will work in our cars. :)

mwilson7 said:
Like Steve stated a complete CJ kit. $1,500-$2.000.

A clutch kit that solves the shifting lock-out issues and the pedal sticking to the floor. This would be priceless. ;D. I think the Trans is fine.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
if i ever find myself in a situation to replace my trans, i am going with the tremec magnum. 700ftlb capacity, double overdrive, way more useful forst gear, blowproof bellhousing, shifter integrated into the tailshaft housing. i think i actually WANT my trans to blow to give me the excuse ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel