The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Toyo = Nitto??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I just found out that Toyo tires owns Nitto and makes their tires.....?? It seems the tires are the same, just with different tread patterns, the Toyo R888 has the same construcion as the Nitto NT01...... Any input?? or even better correction??

Kind of put my head in a spin since you hear good things about Nitto and not so good about Toyo.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Mad Hatter said:
I just found out that Toyo tires owns Nitto and makes their tires.....?? It seems the tires are the same, just with different tread patterns, the Toyo R888 has the same construcion as the Nitto NT01...... Any input?? or even better correction??

Kind of put my head in a spin since you hear good things about Nitto and not so good about Toyo.

Toyo does own Nitto but I don't believe they share the exact same technology. Think VW/Audi/Porsche.

-Pete

+1 Pete - also I hear (from the members here) that the R888 gets pretty squirmy in the rear, I know the Nitto's are getting hard to find right now as I ended up buying BFG Rivals a month ago due to no inventory (I did find an ample supply in the SF Bay Area afterwards of course!). I am a huge RA1 fan and know a bit about the R888's in high output cars and not a fan (and I can buy direct too) - in fact there is a Toyo service bulletin out about the R888 addressing that issue. I wish they would upsize the RA1 but there's virtually no chance of that - so off the Boss list!

Toyo does not make Nitto tires but Nitto is getting pressure to be more like Toyo their parent company.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel