The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TPMS on the Strip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a second set of rims, to be fitted with drag radials. I wasn't going to bother with the TPMS, as they'll be low on air pressure as a rule. My question is whether that could affect launch control, traction control, or any of the other electronic aides to the rear wheels?

Fixy said:
I have a second set of rims, to be fitted with drag radials. I wasn't going to bother with the TPMS, as they'll be low on air pressure as a rule. My question is whether that could affect launch control, traction control, or any of the other electronic aides to the rear wheels?

It doesn't matter if you use the TPMS or not. Everything else will work fine. The catch is that you will have one more thing lighting up on your dash after you lower your air pressure. It's just annoying to have to click the OK button repeatedly when you're trying to concentrate on the tree. I chose to install the the sensors in my spare wheels becuase I drive the car to the track with the wheels. If you have no sensors, a warning light will come on even though you have plenty of air. Unless you are installing slicks, and never intend to drive them on the road, I would suggest spending the money on the sensors.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
My drag tune turns of the advance track the airbags every light is on. Doesn't effect my ability to focus on the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors