The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TPMS question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just to keep the safety feature on my track tires, I bought a set of 4 Lincoln tpms sensors for 46 bucks on ebay. Work like a charm and no need for reset.

Mad Hatter said:
Just to keep the safety feature on my track tires, I bought a set of 4 Lincoln tpms sensors for 46 bucks on ebay. Work like a charm and no need for reset.
This is especially useful if you are driving your car to and from the track. ;)

Let me answer my own question, according to Ford SVT tech line, the band types use a different frequency, however, the stem type tpms sensors are available from American Muscle and etc.. in that particular frequency and can be programmed.

Thanks for asking...

Sure, no problem, any time..

Have a good day...

you too..

blacksheep-1 said:
Let me answer my own question, according to Ford SVT tech line, the band types use a different frequency, however, the stem type tpms sensors are available from American Muscle and etc.. in that particular frequency and can be programmed.

Thanks for asking...

Sure, no problem, any time..

Have a good day...

you too..

If you still need some TPMS sensors, and think that the valve stem type can work, I have some laying around here that I can ship to you at no charge.

They are OEM Ford parts. Not sure how the reprogramming process works, or if the OEM Ford ones are capable of that.

Just let me know either way.

Berol said:
If you still need some TPMS sensors, and think that the valve stem type can work, I have some laying around here that I can ship to you at no charge.

They are OEM Ford parts. Not sure how the reprogramming process works, or if the OEM Ford ones are capable of that.

Just let me know either way.

Appreciate it but according to SVT the stem type uses a different freq that the ecm won't read. I've already ordered some,that will, thanks again.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
My track wheels have metal stems. When i put them on i was fully expecting the light. To my surprise it never came on. We ran multiple 20 minute sessions that day. I thought something was wrong so i let the one of my street wheels down and it came on.

TMO Supporting Vendors