The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TPMS question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I covered my car for the last week and haven't driven it for a good eight days. The weather has dropped from 75 to 55 in the mornings and I noticed the tpms light was on. i'm trying to figure out if this is the result of not driving my car for eight days or the weather dropping.

Anyway, on an unrelated topic today is the day I bring the Boss in for a little supercharger upgrade. Won't have it for at least a week but it will be so worth it when I get her back. :)

Probably the weather--when it was warm, you were just at the number, now its cold and the air in the tire has contracted. Pump em up and check them again in a week to see if its a small leak.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
if your tire pressure was on the low end before storing, the colder temps can definitely make the pressure drop and trip the TPMS. best thing to do is check tire pressures and fill as needed. there should be no reason the sensors would trip the warning light unless the pressure is low.

good luck with the SC install! if they are doing a dyno tune, post the graphs up!

pufferfish said:
if your tire pressure was on the low end before storing, the colder temps can definitely make the pressure drop and trip the TPMS. best thing to do is check tire pressures and fill as needed. there should be no reason the sensors would trip the warning light unless the pressure is low.

good luck with the SC install! if they are doing a dyno tune, post the graphs up!

So my car is at the shop as we speak. I'm posting everything the technicians give me on here. I've already started a new thread (in this forum) to show everyone the progress and will add to it as I go. I'm hoping to get the car back late next week if everything goes well. Lund and his team are at a race this week so I don't think they will be able to do the datalogging until Monday, but we'll see. Thanks to MTI Racing in Marietta, GA and of course Jon Lund Sr and Jr and his team.

pufferfish said:

thanks!

cosm3os said:
Probably the weather--when it was warm, you were just at the number, now its cold and the air in the tire has contracted. Pump em up and check them again in a week to see if its a small leak.
thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors