The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Trac Key ver 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
It appears that Ford Racing has updated the Trac Key web site as the new release is now available. There is documentation at this web site that mentions some differences in ver. 2.0:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/trackey/include/TracKey_Customer_Instructions_V2.0.pdf

One thing that caught my eye is that the skip-shift disable feature is not available in Trac Key mode for the 2013. Apparently this feature has not been changed for the 2012 vehicle.

In addition there was a minor change to invoking Pit Lane speed control.

MMD

Reading this it looks like the differences are related to the steering wheel and dash controls in the 2013 vs. the 2012. So if the 2.0 works on a 2012 I wonder if 1.0 will work on a 2013? Skip shift is no biggie and I recommend disabling it anyway.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
5 DOT 0 said:
Reading this it looks like the differences are related to the steering wheel and dash controls in the 2013 vs. the 2012. So if the 2.0 works on a 2012 I wonder if 1.0 will work on a 2013? Skip shift is no biggie and I recommend disabling it anyway.
Best way to disable is to pull the connector and wrap the open end w/tape?

ace72ace said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Best way to disable is to pull the connector and wrap the open end w/tape?
Yep. Check the new Hot To section and I believe Scott posted a thread. If he I'm sure this will remind him. :D

Updated link to 2.0 article.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/04/27/trackey-available-for-2013-mustang-boss-302-starting-may-1st/

5 DOT 0 said:

Someone at CARB must have seen the MPG thread. Maybe if we start a thread about how daisies from from the tailpipe when we rev it they will let Ford add hp to the tune.

I was wondering about this. Well I guess after my waranty is out I wont be getting a tune.

If I have a custom calibration in the PCM already, will TracKey erase it?
• Yes. In addition, there may be warranty concerns if the custom calibration has
caused engine damage that later results in a failure.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ORANGE CRUSH said:
I was wondering about this. Well I guess after my waranty is out I wont be getting a tune.

If I have a custom calibration in the PCM already, will TracKey erase it?
• Yes. In addition, there may be warranty concerns if the custom calibration has
caused engine damage that later results in a failure.
the question is will getting a tune after that erase the trackey tune? or will it be stored on the tuner and be able to put it back on later?

With every tuner I have used, they backed up the old tune. Maybe someone will offer to tune based on a copy of your TK tune, so you keep the split tunes

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
With every tuner I have used, they backed up the old tune. Maybe someone will offer to tune based on a copy of your TK tune, so you keep the split tunes
that would be cool. if they could make it so I have the trackey features but am able to put stuff on like say a steeda CAI and a full Kooks exhaust.

TMO Supporting Vendors