The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Track and Touge Boss Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Nice ride, I had 44K on mine and the clutch was still working just fine. granted that car never made it to the track but she was drive hard at Palomar Mountain and the twistes in SoCal.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
Nice ride, I had 44K on mine and the clutch was still working just fine. granted that car never made it to the track but she was drive hard at Palomar Mountain and the twistes in SoCal.
Thanks! Good to know. She's holding up pretty well considering the amount of very hard miles I've put on her. I think the clutch disk itself is still fine, but I've been getting symptoms of bearing issues. Definitely going to need a new/rebuilt trans soon anyway so I might as well replace the clutch with a much better option at the same time.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One item it seems some folks don't check or change enough is the clutch fluid --- it is a pain, but big plus to help the life of a Boss's clutch imho.

Same! Lol, thanks, it will look even better with the new Anthracite EC7s too!
Your track toy is a serious build, hopefully one day we'll get a chance to track together at one of the NorCal tracks!

That would be a ton of fun! I'll be at Laguna with the rest of the APEX guys on June 13th and 14th assuming this stuff clears up by then

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
That would be a ton of fun! I'll be at Laguna with the rest of the APEX guys on June 13th and 14th assuming this stuff clears up by then
Sweet! It better clear up by then! Oof, I forgot how expensive Laguna is, especially the higher dB days. I'm spoiled by the crazy cheap track days Mazda used to reserve for employees, and my stock car doesn't even blow sound on 92 dB days lol so that doesn't matter much to me. Any chance of there is an APEX customer discount? ;)

Sweet! It better clear up by then! Oof, I forgot how expensive Laguna is, especially the higher dB days. I'm spoiled by the crazy cheap track days Mazda used to reserve for employees, and my stock car doesn't even blow sound on 92 dB days lol so that doesn't matter much to me. Any chance of there is an APEX customer discount? ;)
Sadly it's not an APEX sponsored day, just a bunch of us going so they (the BMW guys) can run in Bimmer challenge. I feel you on the price, my car passes 92db days as well so the extra cost is unfortunate to say the least.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel