The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Attack at Miller Motorsports yesterday.............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greatly exceeded my expectations! Superb instructors, great food, friendly and helpful staff, and the museum is awesome!
I highly recommend it to everyone. Also, the weather was perfect! With the great instructor riding along (Michael Self), I pushed the car much harder and faster than I would have on my own, giving me the confidence to run it much faster later, when I was riding by myself. Every moment, he was giving instruction on where to be and what to do.
Miller Motorsports is a world-class facility. very glad I went.

51796_422922037771479_1572020637_o.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
What brand tires were on your car? If you have an MGW or other shifter upgrade on your own Boss, how was the contrast going back to the OEM unit? About how many people do they have per class? Did you do both days?

I have the factory shifter on my own Boss. I missed one shift at Miller, hitting 5th instead of 3rd, but it was entirely my fault.
The flash drive is a nice touch, and the flash drive looks like and is numbered to the car that I drove on track.
Our class had seven Boss owners, plus two sons of one of the Boss owners driving GTs, for a total of nine students. We had four instructors. The piston/rod trophy is also really cool. Seems like Miller and Ford thought of everything to make this a wonderful experience.

Jeff

617256_423102367753446_1651472818_o.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Thanks. Did you notice what tires they were running on the Boss and the GT's ?

People on the waitlist are being notified of dates, presumably once we all are scheduled they will open them up for the noobs.

Gentlemen,
I considered not going, but am so glad that I did. I am 53 years old now. I have never raced on a track, and most likely never will, but the experience was well-worth the cost of getting there and the hotel, and then some. I learned that both the car and I am more capable than I had thought. Going in, my only goal was to not wreck their car. I figured that the old man (me) would get his ass whooped on the track, but it didn't happen that way at all. I was determined that no one was going to catch up with me, and they didn't. Even at that, I was not doing a third of what the Boss is capable of doing. It wasn't until Michael Self got behind the wheel, with me riding shotgun, that I saw the potential of that car. I have eight vehicles, but after Track Attack, the Boss will be getting a lot more use than it has up until now. The experience has given me a much greater appreciation of that car.

Do it. You won't regret it.

Jeff

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Jeff Quinn said:
Gentlemen,
I considered not going, but am so glad that I did. I am 53 years old now. I have never raced on a track, and most likely never will, but the experience was well-worth the cost of getting there and the hotel, and then some. I learned that both the car and I am more capable than I had thought. Going in, my only goal was to not wreck their car. I figured that the old man (me) would get his ass whooped on the track, but it didn't happen that way at all. I was determined that no one was going to catch up with me, and they didn't. Even at that, I was not doing a third of what the Boss is capable of doing. It wasn't until Michael Self got behind the wheel, with me riding shotgun, that I saw the potential of that car. I have eight vehicles, but after Track Attack, the Boss will be getting a lot more use than it has up until now. The experience has given me a much greater appreciation of that car.

Jeff

That is awesome to hear. Coupled with the owner's kit I received today in the mail, this car buying experience has been BY FAR the best I've ever had. Even down to the vehicle specific keychain...Ford truly is making it's buyers feel special.

On a side note, did you do the 2nd day as well Jeff? I'm really considering the 2nd day given the feedback I've seen from other participants.

Jeff Quinn said:
Gentlemen,

Jeff
Ah I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is thinking the same, don't want to wreck. I saw the video of someone hitting the wall there in a mustang gt and it kind of freaked me out a bit. I won't be racing my car, no mid life I want to be a race car driver for me. I'll be doing the track attack in the morning so thanks for the positive words Jeff.
1fastang

Jeff Quinn said:
Gentlemen,

Jeff

I hate my wife, sort of, not really. I have a void, I couldn't go. They, at miller's played games, the sale's dude did it, non committal and tried to play me, that made thing's a little suspect, for me, I bailed.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
racered302 said:
Jeff Quinn said:
Gentlemen,

Jeff

I hate my wife, sort of, not really. I have a void, I couldn't go. They, at miller's played games, the sale's dude did it, non committal and tried to play me, that made thing's a little suspect, for me, I bailed.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune dealing with MMP. My day is coming up in a couple of weeks...I found the folks very helpful and informative. Going to bring my wife and she will be driving as well. I had the benefit of a track day locally...about a month ago. Jeff is absolutely correct when he says the car is extremely capable....even if us old folks don't like to push the cars to their limit......it takes a track to do that safely.

I sincerely hope you give MMP and Track Attack a second chance. I think you'll be very pleased with the experience.

My second chance is at MMS is null and void. But, all is not lost. I just need to pony up and do a class closer to home. Yeah wife. Work for me. Not as far to go. I can bring a friend instead. To do it is another story. I wouldn't trade her for the boss thought. Now my eye twitching. Never could lie. Kidding. I love my wife.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel