The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Attack FR500 video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys i made this video as a memento, to remind me of the two fantastic days at Utah

I hope this video will remind those of you who went, what a fun day it is, and inspire those who have not been to get on up there

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JClsflUGSQs[/youtube]

Nice work on the video. Ford did a great job with BTA and MMP is a terrific facility.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
See, I told you that was a great camera angle ;). Hope to see you guys when you're back in the states again.

Boostd4 said:
See, I told you that was a great camera angle ;). Hope to see you guys when you're back in the states again.

Im back for a convention in November in Vegas but at least im sure ill be seeing you all in Vegas for the 50th right?

Vermont
Really nice job on the video, brought back some great memories for me from last April. Your camera location gave a clear view of the track and surroundings and a good sense of the speed of the car. Was nice to see the west course as we did the east side. MMP sure does a great job with the Track Attack program.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
big red one said:
Im back for a convention in November in Vegas but at least im sure ill be seeing you all in Vegas for the 50th right?

That is the plan. 8)

big red one said:

Yeah Mike, yo da man on the camera positions

GR8WYT

Great video! Thank you for the post, I am day dreaming now....... 8)

"MMP was a great facility for the BTA program", I could not agree more.

The instructors were fantastic, they offered very good advice and tips. Anything you asked they answered and that knowledge can only be bought (via personal instruction) or gathered through months, years of solid track time that I have no way to access than thru an experience like this. They in essence had your Boss prepared for you. The cars were color matched to our own vehicle, had our name on the windshield, etc. The skid car was a blast! One of my instructors was Michael Self who is lighting it up this year (he was a RCR development driver at the time).

Again the Boss experience was something else but the FR500C was it for me, that was second to none. I was very fortunate to have an SCCA driver from Nova Scotia who was a car enthusiast, Boss owner and avid weekend warrior. I met him, day one and raced against him on day two. Day one was the EAST track, day two the WEST. I am now partial to WEST due to the configuration, elevation changes and gear change. The fellow classmate raced clean, very aggressive and the instructors pushed us to drive the edge. I almost wiped out in "the workout" to "scream", shifting too late and then did eventually spin coming out of the Blackrock hairpin. I just took the black flag and came in for inspection, the instructors were clapping and sent me right back out after quizzing me on what I did wrong and how I would correct myself.

I would love to go back and get my SCCA license there and I live 40 minutes from NJMP!! The town was good, nice people everywhere I went, the facility was great, car preparation was on target, great instruction and the museum too boot. :)

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
I did get a video of my "Payback Laps" but per my instructor's request...I cannot post them. However, those of you that go will experience probably one of the most hair raising rides of your lives.

JB said:
I didn't get the FR500 upgrade for the second day. Was that a mistake?

It depends, you are going to learn a lot even if you were driving a V6. Having the opportunity to drive a real race car is for many of us, rare. At least you are smart enough to do the second day, I went to a very early class and had no idea how professional this was run. If I knew I would have done the second day at least in the GT.

vista6019 said:
Thanks very much for sharing this. I am excited for my session on August 26

Check out the thread up top in this section call Track Attack! also. It has many great write-ups, videos and more. It may be the best thread on the site.

TMO Supporting Vendors