The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track attack update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like they updated the track attack site! Still no dates but it does have some more info on bringing a guest, extra day, and allnthe activities. 1250 for an extra driving guest, 100 for a non driving guest, 1000-1400 for an extra day. All seems a little expensive to me, what do you guys think

Hmmm, I was hoping to bring my wife and two kids. I'll have to contact them about that. I might do the second day but it would be nice to hear from someone who's attended the Ford Racing program at MMP and what they thought of it. Anyone? Here's the link.

http://www.bosstrackattack.com/index.php?option=com_dj_tabgen&view=tabgen&Itemid=54

1000 bucks a day is pretty typical for a good track school. They are expensive but usually well worth it if you plan on doing much track duty. Look at it this way, you're getting $1000+ free since you've already paid for it ;) I'm guessing there will be a "high touch" to this event that will make it even more special than if you just attended are regular school there. There will also be several Boss team members present so you'll get a chance to interact with them and pick their brains.

I agree with Gary. I spent quite a bit of time reading everything on that site (including the kart info ;D) and I'm going to seriously consider the second day. I only wish the second day was in a Boss. Anyone else notice the Boss 302's have roll cages? I'm now thinking about attending without my family but that's still TBD. They will be bored stiffless sitting around for two days.

I can understand why you'd want the second day in the Boss. Selfishly, I'm actually glad the second day is in a FR500S race car. I'll have several track days in the Boss already under my belt, so I actually prefer the option of experiencing something different....especially a full out track car which I've never had the opportunity to drive. The only problem will be if I leave needing a 302S :eek:

This is starting to suck. The guest has to drive a 315hp GT for $1300. ??? That means I'm going to have to let my wife drive the Boss and I get stuck with the crappy GT. Lame. I was hopping it would be more like 500 less than their 1 day programs for the guest.

cloud9 said:
I can understand why you'd want the second day in the Boss. Selfishly, I'm actually glad the second day is in a FR500S race car. I'll have several track days in the Boss already under my belt, so I actually prefer the option of experiencing something different....especially a full out track car which I've never had the opportunity to drive. The only problem will be if I leave needing a 302S :eek:

A true race car is an awesome experience! I did stock cars in the poconos and those things are on rails. Took 1 turn at 135 and had to lift ever so slightly off the throttle to ease the understeer!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I had been talking to guys at MMP since March about this and had planned to go out at the end of April...well that never happened so we re-scheduled for the end of this month...and that never happened...now I'm just going to wait for it to get going instead of trying to be a first attendee.

I was planning to do a second day with the FR500S but now I probably won't due to spending more cash on vacations than I had planned to.

MMP is supposed to be one of the best tracks in the US so I highly suggest that any Boss owner attend at least the "free" day in the BOSS302. I will definitely do that.

I think I am going to enjoy the welcome reception and product information stories, really looking forward to the day 1 track sessions. Until they nail down a date, and I find out if it is a work weekend for me, I don't think I will be doing day 2.

Not sure if I'll do the second day yet either. Not crazy about their prices. I can do a two day at sip barber for 1300 at Limerock

I am still interested to see how they will take care of those of us who do not have their Boss yet. Because if they hold this event in July or August, many of the 3rd quarter owners won't have their cars and definately none of the 4th quarter owners will either.

I would hate to lose out on this offer all because Ford couldn't fill already placed orders in the time which they were received.

suprmn said:
I am still interested to see how they will take care of those of us who do not have their Boss yet. Because if they hold this event in July or August, many of the 3rd quarter owners won't have their cars and definately none of the 4th quarter owners will either.

I would hate to lose out on this offer all because Ford couldn't fill already placed orders in the time which they were received.
How do you propose they accommodate those that don't own cars yet? I only see those that have purchased and have their cars being invited and most likely only original owners to boot. The good news is they are going to offer multiple dates of when to attend to accommodate those that take possession of their cars into next year and beyond. ;)

You nailed it, Rick. If you haven't mortgaged your left nut and signed at least half a dozen times, then you can't be called an owner. However, it may well be that the 3rd or 4th quarter guys may benefit from any improvements made to track attack after the first couple of times they have them.

TMO Supporting Vendors